Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montchavin/Les Coches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going away with the kids April 9th to 16th. The last two trips we've stayed in Oz-en-Oisan (Alpe D'Huez). That is still on the table as they are a lot of plusses for us and a fair amount of high altitude skiing. However, thinking of having a change. La Plagne/Paradiski seems attractive to me. I've skied there plenty of times before. But thinking of staying at one of the satellite villages (a bit like Oz in ADH) and was looking at Montchavin/Les Coches.

One thing I seem to remember about skiing down there is that these villages are often in the shadows of the mountains. Is that correct and did anyone staying there find it a problem, a bit gloomy perhaps?

Also can any shed any light on what Montchavin/Les Coches are like? I presume there isn't much going on. We don't go out much but the kids like to wander about a bit, dig in the snow, sledge.

I think it's and ideal place to ski from to be able to get into the Bellecote skiing at La Plagne and over to the Les Arcs side, and back at the end of the day. Any problems or issues on that score?

Looking the other areas 3V and Tignes/Val D I don't see any great ski in/ski out satellite villages along similar lines. But shout if any suggestions.

We will be driving over and getting a self catered apartment.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

The runs back to Montchavin and Les Coches are often in the shade as they wind down through the trees, but the villages themselves are pretty sunny - especially at Easter.

The villages themselves are relatively quiet with nice pedestrian centres and more of a "village" feel than a commercial ski resort - much like Oz-en-Oisans. That said, they both have a couple of good bars, a selection of restaurants and some small shops to wander round. In terms of other things to do, there is a sledging area and ice rink in Les Coches and a cinema in Montchavin. There are plenty of walking paths too, and Evolution 2 ski school organise snow shoe expeditions.

It is ideally placed for skiing both sides of the domain and I'd strongly recommend a Paradiski pass which lets you visit Les Arcs as much as you like. In Les Coches you're one lift away from the Vanoise express, and two from the central La Plagne area round Bellecote.

Have a great holiday - I hope that you love Les Coches as much as we do.

Best wishes,
Heather
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy