Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who would you never fly with again

Poster: A snowHead
or airlines just just variations on 0 - 6
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anybody humming Hansen songs Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ryanair.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd do my best to avoid BMIbaby, got stung for £50 at the airport after I'd wasted about £30 by paying for the 'wrong' luggage on line at the time of booking!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Delta
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dan Air
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Courtline
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ryanair
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Air Canada...

The pilots went on strike which meant we had to leave the Banff Springs hotel that we'd blagged our way into at bargain rates at 4am the day after we'd arrived to fly home via Seattle and New York instead of enjoying a leisurely weekend and a civilised direct flight home.

Barstewards of the highest order.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Air France
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i'll fly with any western airline if the price is ok.
hate ryanair, but treat them as bus services so i'm seldom disapointed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Air France. Bar Stewerds sent my luggage only as far as Paris, but I was going to Schiphol. Then had the cheek to offer me a free t-shirt with huge airfrance advertising on it (which would clog up the washing machine if washed), and a pair of heel-less socks. 24 hours to get my bags reunited? Pah! - more like 4 working days plus a weekend!

Air Canada First Class was ace. Never had a problem, other than needing to check in to AA the next day. They won't let your wine drop lower than the half full mark.

Plus of course, I have no intention of using that no frills airline that flies from some former airbase in the middle of frickin'nowhere.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Ryanair.

+ 1
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've found Air France very good any time we've flown with them... especially long haul. They're great with kids and i've had worse food on the plane.

Quite like KLM as well.

Thought Malaysian Airlines were a bit over-hyped and getting offered a curry at 4am didn't go down to well! would happily fly with them again though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jet 2...............never again
latest report
Most of these opinions are base on a single negative experience that could have happened to any airline in the world, aren't they.
snow conditions
Ryanair. Ryanair, Ryanair, Ryanair, Ryanair, Ryanair, Ryanair, Ryanair. Ryanair.

Did i mention Ryanair?

Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

Most of these opinions are base on a single negative experience that could have happened to any airline in the world

Someone fleeces me and treats me like a moron in front of my friends and family? Once is enough.
snow report
i,ll never fly with that Virgin space plane richard leave it to NASA you had trouble with ballons let alone a spacecraft,like flying with your normal planes though Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ps and a 100k a ticket ??? one word NEVER
snow report
I'd never fly with BA again - absolute nightmare at the boarding gate, so many issues that still aren't resolved - ended up having to knock him out Laughing
snow report
snowsteve wins.
snow conditions
rosemary wrote:
Jet 2...............never again

found them to be one of the nicer budget airlines.
latest report
I fly based on price so would never say never again but....my worst experience was Emirates and by far the best was Singapore Air.
ski holidays
i'm more worried about departure airport and times, which rules out ryanair and mostly easyjet

heathrow and city are hugely my preference
gatwick is tolerable but prefer to avoid
luton and stanstead - no way

for skiing i usually fly BA and sometimes Swiss

i use BA a lot so i have had mixed experiences with them but the positives outweigh the negatives by a long way
snow conditions
Arno that's almost the complete opposite of what I would have said!

I love Gatwick, hate Heathrow, Luton's "OK", have a dislike for BA. No real opinion about Swiss except that when I flew to Japan with them many years ago the plane was the wonkiest oldest crate of rusty bolts that I've ever seen. Easyjet are my favourite airline in the world.
latest report
Mr Technique, i'm usually out of T5 which is quite a different experience from the rest of LHR
snow report
Quote:

I love Gatwick, hate Heathrow

I much prefer BA from Gatwick North Terminal every time to Heathrow, BA staff are efficient and friendly and it seems like a much more agreeable service than T5. It is such a shame that having been so keen to take over the likes of BCal & DanAir (TAT?) to gain slots that they now appear to run a reduced service to Geneva from Gatwick. If they had supported their Gatwick operation more then they probably would not have such major issues when their operations come to a standstill at Heathrow for various reasons (eg 777 crash, snow, strikes ….)
ski holidays
Quote:

I much prefer BA from Gatwick North Terminal every time to Heathrow, BA staff are efficient and friendly and it seems like a much more agreeable service than T5. It is such a shame that having been so keen to take over the likes of BCal & DanAir (TAT?) to gain slots that they now appear to run a reduced service to Geneva from Gatwick. If they had supported their Gatwick operation more then they probably would not have such major issues when their operations come to a standstill at Heathrow for various reasons (eg 777 crash, snow, strikes ….)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

snow report
Not keen on Air France.
ski holidays
Do my best to aviod Ryanair, but will use them if I need to.
ski holidays
I don't think I would ever exclude someone based on service as everyone has good and bad days.

Providing they go where and when I want that's OK by me.

A half arsed analogy is I don't like the service the M25 provides but it goes where I want and is cheap.
snow report
PhuketAir, while the effectiveness of seatbelts during a crash are debateable, they should at least be attached to something at BOTH ends...
snow conditions
Never say never but I wouldn't choose to fly Ryanair if there are alternatives (and so far I've always had an alternative)
latest report
Freddie Laker
ski holidays
FlyBe. having booked ski carriage they told us two days before we couldn't take them. The ten people who were allowed to take them, actually didn't get them til 3 days later as they were left behind in manchester. I already didn't like Flybe before this episode (lots of stories) but that did it for me !
snow report
Excel - based on far to many summer and occaisional winter ski flight

Funnily enough people must have voted with their feet wink
snow conditions
Have had very bad experience with EasyJet (they cancelled my flight, and their efforts to "help" made it far worse... long story...), so I avoid them if possible, but if they go where I want and the price is *very* good then I'd fly with them. Hardly ever used RyanAir, but again, would only use them as a last resort but I'd never rule it out. On the last occassion I used EasyJet I was delayed by about 4 hours - they claimed it was not their fault but that's debatable.

I regularly fly long haul with BA but would rather fly with Virgin, but the BA timings are better. It's a shame, Virgin have been brilliant when I've flown with them. BA not aweful but not in the same league as Virgin for customer service.
ski holidays
Out of choice I like BA, but apart from low season they're usually too expensive, Easyjet are the pick of the budgets, the only time I've had a problem with them was due to a fog delay from Innsbruck, so not their fault. The one time I flew my 8 foot kayak with them (for only £18!) they were very helpful. Avoid Ryanair like the plague, I'd fly with them if I had to but usually the cost of ski carriage rules them out anyway. Not too fussed about airports, as long as there's somewhere I can get a beer and some food, I have had more delays at Gatwick than anywhere else though.
ski holidays
AIR INDIA
RYANAIR
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy