Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smartwool sock sizing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all,

Was about to order some Smartwool PHD medium socks for my rip to Tignes next month, but i'm not sure what size to buy.

U. K. Euro
Sock Size Children Women Men
Small 9 - 11.5 4 - 6.5 2 - 4.5 34 - 37
Medium 12 - 2.5 7 - 9.5 6 - 8.5 5 - 7.5 38 - 41
Large 3 - 6 10 - 12.5 9 - 11.5 8 - 10.5 42 - 45
X-Large 12 - 14.5 11 - 13.5 46 - 49

My feet in normal shoes are 10.5 to 11 UK, so I'm right in between "large" and "XL". One reviewer said that they were a pretty snug/small fit, so I'm thinking "large".

If you have them, what size are your shoes and what size Smartwools are you wearing?

Oh, and are they any good? wink

Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not sure if they have changed their sizing since i used them a couple of years back but if they haven't a large will be good

if you have a very wide foot then you may need to go up as the sock has to stretch in more than one direction but average width or narrow then the large should be fine

(assumption made that they haven't changed size ratios)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andythejock, My husband uses Smartwool socks and likes them - he has a wide foot, takes a 9 - 9 1/2 shoe and finds the large size is fine. However, after washing the first pair he had, on too hot a wash, discovered that they are prone to shrinkage Embarassed Consequently, that pair were passed to our son......
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen wrote:
Andythejock, My husband uses Smartwool socks and likes them - he has a wide foot, takes a 9 - 9 1/2 shoe and finds the large size is fine. However, after washing the first pair he had, on too hot a wash, discovered that they are prone to shrinkage Embarassed Consequently, that pair were passed to our son......

That's a worry! Ended up trying 'em on in Ellis Brighams after paying a visit to Cairngotm this weekend. Large was fine.

Says 40C is ok on instructions - i take it you used 60C?

Do most foks take a fresh pair of socks for a week's skiing? Maybe not necessary for Merino wool?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I found that mine shrunk slightly with washing, if you're not sure, get the XL and put them in at 40deg, they will tighten up a bit.

I am a size 10 but fairly wide foot, and use L, but any bigger in any direction and I'd want a bigger size.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Too late - I've already got them!

Got large, but hopefully will be ok as I'm a 10.5. Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy