Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Griffin Schizo Binding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im renting so k2 kung fujas skis and they have the griffin schizo binding. i know that you can move the binding back and forward. does anyone have experience with these bindings? are they good? do they work off/on piste etc?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any Marker binding held together by metal wire just feels like you're asking for trouble, imo.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been using the jester schizo on my Redeemers all season with no probs, ok binding the main benefit of it is the variable setting allowing you to switch from a freestyle to freeride stance....not as solid feeling as some others with a bit more metal but unless you're dropping some serious cliff then they seem to do a good job. As for do they work on piste/off piste, well, yeah of course they do Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the_doc wrote:
As for do they work on piste/off piste, well, yeah of course they do Puzzled

I heard they don't work on Piste?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaveC wrote:
Any Marker binding held together by metal wire just feels like you're asking for trouble, imo.

Exactly what this guy said.

I did have some and the metal loop (which connects the heel and toe piece) came loose after a fall. The heel piece detached from the binding. Easy to repair, but did not inspire confidence.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elston wrote:
... but did not inspire confidence.

Ummm Shocked, aren't I getting Markers on the P4s?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is now an additional insert to stop the metal loop disconnecting from the toe piece.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flowa wrote:
Elston wrote:
... but did not inspire confidence.

Ummm Shocked, aren't I getting Markers on the P4s?

Yes, but it is a different binding!

Griffon (for P4)
http://www.marker.de/en/products/The-Griffon-12?PHPSESSID=b1026ea0e1f44f499d422abf79bd4b58

Griffon Schizo
http://www.marker.de/en/products/The-Griffon-Schizo-12
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well that's a relief then. So excited to get them in a few weeks!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Schizo is a very good binding in my opinion, and yes they have made a small improvement this season in the wire retention and we havent had anyone report any issues with old versions or new when in for servicing.

The fore and aft adjustment gives you a whole load of versatility to adjust your position on the ski. Mine were mounted on Scott Missions last season as I was trying out these vs the Barons, and it was great to be able to suck the bindings back on the skis on the powder day we had.

Work damn well on the Kung Fujas too as you have the Schizofrantic mounts.

Enjoy!

ScottyDog
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy