Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere ski hire booked in the UK

Poster: A snowHead
Is there any advantage booking this in the UK from anyone else's experience ?

If so, who with and where are the ski shops in Val that link up with this arrangement ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not pre-booked in Val before but have in other resorts. Advantage is cost as most offer some good on-line discounts (try Twinner), just pre-book what you need, give them sizes etc and all ready for when you get there. Still need to fit on arrival and fix bindings etc. Always found that they are happy to swap boots etc during the week if you get problems with anything.

Most allow you to pay a deposit on-line then settle the balance on arrival.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We hired through Skiset at Killy Sports this Jan. Good price and excellent quality kit. Good discount and really helpful staff in Killy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Twinner, hmm, never had a good experience in val at a Twinner.

If you want to prebook in Val, I would 100% reccommend Snowberry.

http://www.snowberry-valdisere.com/

Set up by Jock and Susan, they know how to run a ski shop.

Done!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had good service from Twinner elsewhere - think they are a franchise so no doubt hit and miss. As said, can't vouch for Val but the point is pre-order online for the discount (sure there are several sites that do it). Snowberry looks spot on - and some 50% discount
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for snowberry - much better than the other two val shops I tried.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had a boot with 2 insoles in it from Snowberry; agony, but I guess it depends on who is fitting you at the time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have seen some very good prices at Ski Republic for Val D Isere
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I booked skis at Jean Sport ( http://www.jeansports.com/ ) in Val d'Isere and my booking was on their shop computer when I arrived. The booking process went via "www.notresphere.com". There was a hiccup with my computer during the booking process, so I emailed them to check and got a reply (in English) within a couple of hours.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In terms of price, generally, I've found alpinresorts.com the cheapest, with the code news133 that gives (an alleged) 47% reduction. No idea what they do for VDI though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.snowbrainer.co.uk every time, book on line great discounts to booking in resort, gear is usually waiting for you on arrival(depending on shop) they service nearly every possible resort, never had anything but brand new or one year old skis.have used them probably a dozen times in 4years cannot praise them enough.......and no I am nothing whatsoever to do with them commercially.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Definitely book online before you go - prices are so much better and you can still swap things around during the week if you need to. I think I changed my skis three times in Vail once when I'd pre-booked and get about a 45% discount - I couldn't believe the number of americans in the shop paying full price for their hire!

Also the gear advertised online is usually a 'guide' to what is available in store so your ski tech will still pick the skis they feel you will do best on when you get to the shop - it's just the price and braod range that is fixed.

If you do book with Snowberry, make sure you get to the shop early - they are a victim of their own success and queues get long in the busy weeks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sarep wrote:
Also the gear advertised online is usually a 'guide' to what is available in store so your ski tech will still pick the skis they feel you will do best on when you get to the shop - it's just the price and braod range that is fixed.

I think you meant it's just the price that's fixed, otherwise they just give you a pair of skis and you've no idea what standard they are!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Have seen some very good prices at Ski Republic for Val D Isere

Ski Republic can be very good and definitely good value if you are able to use their two for one deal. I have used them a couple of times and skis have always been good quality and well-maintained. I can't say such positive things about snowboards though. My son had a decent enough board but with totally knackered bindings that went back to the shop several times without ever really getting resolved. This was in Tignes rather than Val D'Isere so might not be representative of what you will find on the other side of the mountain.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimium.com is always a good bet if you want cheap hire.
ski holidays
save up to 40% here - http://www.snowfinders.co.uk/ski-packs.aspx.

ski republic - very cheap but the equipemnt looked old and uncared for and they only seem to have one technician in any of the shops so seem to have huge queues in shops from my experience.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy