Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

switch the blooming cannons on!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
its cold enough today ( valdisere/tignes) why wont they switch the cannons on,tight *astards

infact ive looked around a few other resorts and not alot happening there too,can someone ring someone and tell that someone to find the switch and TURN THEM ON please Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
phillip33, Probably worrying about a water shortage, which they have had before Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How cold is it when you ski through one though - brain freeze! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
will likely be done overnight.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
its cold enough today ( valdisere/tignes) why wont they switch the cannons on,tight *astards

phillip 33 - you daft stupid *astard

they turn them on at night (if there is water)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yag_si_HS wrote:
they turn them on at night
Cannons often run during the day. I've skied through the blast of icy, stinging snowflakes fairly often. I don't think it's quite as simple as "it's cold, turn the cannons on". I think air humidity plays an important factor in whether it's sensible to run the cannons, as well as how full the reservoirs are as Boredsurfing suggested.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
theyve had tons of rain in december and january Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin unfortunately,and they do run them 24/7 usually,i,m sure they will come on soon,just seeing if anyone was awake !!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

theyve had tons of rain in december and january

I don't know about the time prior to 22 December (when I arrived) but there's been rather little precipitation of any sort in much of the French Alps since then. In terms of stuff of any kind falling out of the sky I'd say it's well below seasonal average. A moderately rainy day in a ski resort can seem disproportionately deluge-like, because it's so miserable.

In 9 years I've never seen cannons run 24/7 and I can't stand skiing through them in the day - poxy things.

It's certainly not cold enough here to run them at the moment - about -1/2 at 1500m today. Seems colder though - I've got to rather enjoy the spring like weather and was missing it this morning. It's getting steadily colder and I'd expect them to start running them at night before long.

Resorts in France will be making careful calculations about the optimum timing for cannons, given that this is a very quiet time for them - pistes are pretty deserted here, which has helped the snow last quite well despite the warm weather.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy