Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Awful forecast for La Plagne, anyone fancy some ice climbing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Going to La Plagne with the family on Sunday 23 for a week but the snow forecast looks grim so I'm looking into alternatives.
I was thinking of packing the axes etc and either trying to find someone to climb with, hook up with a guide or just look at a map and see if there are some suitably easy streams to solo. Anyone interested in a day or two climbing; got any recommendations of a guide to use or locations of some easy and short routes?

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I live in Sainte Foy just up the valley from La Plagne. Snow conditions are pretty good, I wouldn't be concerned at all.

Not much powder left now as it's been a week since the last fresh snow, but there still good off-piste conditions to be found.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess we need to take the conditions as we find them. Remember the snow droughts of the 1980's?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TheGeneralist, do not believe all that you read. We found powder today and I am sure we will do again tomorrow. As stevomcd, says, there is plenty of snow but if you are serious about some ice climbing. Send me a PM. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. I guess i was just spoiled by the powder in St Anton in December. I'm sure there will be some good skiing to be had. I was just thinking that clear skies and no new snow would probably make for excelllent ice. And excellent ice is always worth a day out if the alternative is 6 days ok snow.

cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TheGeneralist, theres an ice climbing facility in champagny. reachable on skis from plagne centre snow permitting.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, The ice tower is in Champagny de Haut not Champagny and can only be reached on skis if you do a long off piste route from Roche du Mio or Bellecote area. Otherwise you must take a taxi or bus from the bottom of the gondola on the Champagny side. You cannot ski there direct from Plagne Centre.

TheGeneralist, Thanks for the PM, speak soon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy