Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First pair of skis - advice please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi just after a bit of advice. I have just started having ski lessons (I have boarded up till now but never really taken to it). I already have my own boots as the ones at Xscape were really painful. I have been looking to buy some skis as when we go away on holiday we like to drive and take our own equipment. I have found some Atomic Cloud 7 (2010) ladies skis with bindings at £199. 1. Is this a fair price? 2. Will they be too advanced for a total novice? Thanks for any advice
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess it is true that you don't really know what you want, but I don't think you can go wrong here especially as the price is more or less equivalent to 2 weeks hire and as you drive there are no carriage charges. When you are more experienced you will know what you want, but for sure these will be fine for a good few seasons for someone like yourself. When the time comes (if it ever does) put these on ebay and trade up.

No they are not too advanced, Yes it is a fair price. Hope this helps.

http://www.winter-sports.com/EN/Skitests/skitestsmodeles.php?anneetest=2008&id=88
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
L3VSA, are they the right size for you?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w,
Good point, I kind of presumed L3VSA, would at least know this. Tip of ski should be about chin height for a beginner, also if you are buying online get Ellis Brighams to fit and set the bindings for you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is what Decathlon are selling them for, and they will set them up and fit them to your boots for you. They are described as an advanced ski on their website. Atomics are often pretty stiff and heavy at the advanced end, but great skis. My worry would be that they would tire you out and that you might do better with something softer.

snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys, the skis I have been learning on are 160's, the clouds are 156. I am 5'6" and rather overweight Embarassed , I am back to the gym on a regular basis now though. When I bought my board, I was sold a male board and told the stiffness wouldnt matter because I was heavier?? Don't know if this is same with skis. Also had another lesson last night and asked the instructors advice, he thought they would be fine and would last a while, so going to pop down and have a good look at them. Thanks again for advice.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
there are very little differences between ladiez/gents skis, you're looking at flex and the mounting point for the bindings really....female skis tend to be softer to make them easier to turn, less fatigue etc and mounted further foward to account for a womans lower centre of gravity....dont get too sucked in by the bullshite, my g/f has allways skiied unisex skis and pretty much dislikes every girly model she's tried (but then she rips) so dont just restrict yourself to skis with flowers on.....saying that as a beginner you're going to want soft, foward mounting point etc so hey dont listen to me!!! Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy