Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adelboden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, We have justs returned from our yearly trip to the Jungfrau region, having stayed at all the villages in the area several times we are now thinking of trying somewhere different but still in Switzerland.

We have had a quick look at Adelboden though the piste maps I can find are not very clear, I think they must be low resolution or something as when I try to zoom they just become blurred!

Does anyone have a better copy? the main question we have is about the lift system. As we are used to the chairs and trains in the Jungfrau we would be thrilled if it were the same at Adleboden, can anyone confirm this?
The worst nightmare for us would be a system of t bars or button lifts, I can't see from the piste map if these are present at this resort.

Finally, can anyone recommend a good hotel? decent apres ski and non skiing activities?

thank you.

Suzysue
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not many T-Bars, mostly modern chairlifts (bubbles, some have heated seats) and gondolas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks ffor your reply. That has given me something to think about. Don't suppose you know a tour operator that goes there from uk do you? I found Crystal/thomson do this year but can't find anything for next year! The cost for independant travel seems quite expensive with the exchange rate not being too good at the moment.

Any suggestions for hotels still welcome in case we decide to go independant, also catered chalets considered.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beausite hotel in Adelboden is very good.

I did a trip report some years ago. Kuoni used to go there but they do not do skiing now. Swiss Travel Service may possibly go there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://ski.intermaps.com//adelboden/index.swf?lang=de&Aktuell=Lifte

pistemap
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trip to Adelboden in 2009 , independently, traveling by local transport. Post bus and trains link very smoothly and tourist bureau was very helpful with self catering accommodation.
Skiing infrastructure quite modern and efficient. One or two T-bars that I can remember.

The one little hotel that we saw and really thought we would like to have stayed at was the Baren hotel right in the Town centre.
http://www.baeren-adelboden.ch/index.php?section=home

We really loved Adelboden and hope you enjoy it too
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy