Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair-to-turn-away-passengers-who-dont-print-pass

Poster: A snowHead
Just a guess but doesn't the passenger's downloading & printing of their boarding pass show that they really do intend to take the flight ? Wouldn't this give an airline a chance to sell the unclaimed boardings to walk-ins or last-minuters therefore reducing waste and making them more efficient / competitive / more profit etc ?

Oddly enough, Monday's FlyBe out of Glasgow was the first time I've not printed my boarding pass for ages and that was because my Hewlett Packard printer at home was stitching me up with the 'ink out of date' message and refusing to print even though there was plenty left and that ink costs me about £10,000 a pint. They're all at it. rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
another Ryanair thread. You lot really dont get it do you - MIKEY DOESNT CARE!! He couldnt care less about any criticism, he's making a fortune and despite how many people seem to hate him, folk fly with him literally by the planeload. He will do it his way and always will - an advertising genius! Tony Ryan brought him in to save the company and he turned it into one of the most succesful airlines in the world - aint passenger numbers in like the top 3 in the world per ops size or whatever??

good on ya Mikey Very Happy
(the guy who also spent 70k on a taxi plate and stuck it to the back of his merc so he can drive to the office in the bus lane, thus reducing his commuting time!!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Said it before. It would take 100-150 differential before I would take DanDare. Maybe not even that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
barry, Yeah we get it, but you;ve got to have something to gripe about and it might as well be RA. I dislike their sharp business practices but if they go where I want to go and the overall price is the cheapest (have to say that very very rarely happens) then I'll use them. I've maybe used them on one trip out of about 30 taken in the last 5 years
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobinS's point is vailid. Why can't the eticket also be the boarding pass? If it is scanned at the gate they still know how many, and who, is actually on the plane.

My thoughts are that the printing of boarding passes on-line in advance gives Ryanair a good idea of how many already-paid for seats they can sell again at high prices by the number who haven't printed theirs by 4 hours before the flight!

In my experience Ryanair are a mean-spirited money-grabbing bunch of shysters who offer no customer service and little customer satisfaction (only those who have not yet been shafted by Ryanair have any satisfaction and this satisfaction is normally only based on low prices).

I was also not impressed by Ryanairs recent court action to force a dissatisified customer in taking down his website highlighting how poorly Ryanair treated their customers. They can't even bear to allow the public to know the truth about them. (Ryanair only won the court case because the guy had accepted advertising to fund his website operation from other airlines who offered a superior service)

It is my dream that Ryanair will fail spectacularly one day and that O'leary will soon meets Hades, even if it means I end up paying more for a fair service from a company which cares for their customers.

Rant over.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Marmot wrote:
... the printing of boarding passes on-line in advance gives Ryanair a good idea of how many already-paid for seats they can sell again at high prices by the number who haven't printed theirs by 4 hours before the flight!

.... Ryanair are a mean-spirited money-grabbing bunch of shysters

And as already mentioned, it will also help an operator fill up their planes. That's good for everybody in the long run, surely ?

Maybe we should be thinking of Ryanair as pioneers of efficiency rather than mean-spririted, money-grabbing shysters. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ryanair brings to mind whole planeloads of beered-up chavs in vomit-stained T-shirts on their way to Arsendofnowhere airport, just 150 miles from whatever destination they claim to be serving. No thanks. Not at any price.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ajrduff wrote:
Ryanair brings to mind whole planeloads of beered-up chavs in vomit-stained T-shirts on their way to Arsendofnowhere airport, just 150 miles from whatever destination they claim to be serving. No thanks. Not at any price.

I don't think I've ever got that worked up about a product I never intend to use. And frankly I hope I never do.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ajrduff wrote:

so to be clear, it's chavs that use ryanair. is this a class thing?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moffatross wrote:
Maybe we should be thinking of Ryanair as pioneers of efficiency rather than mean-spririted, money-grabbing shysters. Toofy Grin

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sloop wrote:
moffatross wrote:

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

True enough and in the workplace, where employees may suffer in the name of efficiencies driven by their employers (lots of examples in the world of TUPE & outsourcing for example), then 'mean-spirited, money-grabbing shysters' is often the fairest term. But for an end customer in a relatively open travel market, paying their money and making their choice from a variety of different carriers, 'pioneers of efficiency' is just as fair and a less reactionary description.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I love Ryan Air, and I think Michael O'Leary is a genius. He loves his customers, because he understands that when you "survey" people they want everything for nothing and a massive list of freebees. But what they come to the purchase point, they care about ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY: PRICE.

And low price is what they give (most of the time! - other airlines can be cheaper at certain points).

As he says: "A plane is just a coach with wings". Why oh why to folks get so worked-up and want "service" and lots of other namby-pamby stuff? Most flights are just 1 or 2 hours - what on earth is the big deal? Do you need an employee (cabin staff) to make you feel good about yourself and rub your back? Do you really need a cup of coffee or something to eat on the plane?

The ONLY reason cabin crew are present is for safety reasons. If there was no safety rules, there would be no cabin staff even! Does National Coaches have cabin staff??

And what is the problem with printing out a piece of paper and taking it to the airport? The tax payer spends tens of thousands of pounds educating each one of us from the age of 5 - is it too much to ask of us to read a website and follow some simple instructions?

Charging for hold baggage has reduced massively the weight that the planes carry, and hence they need less fuel which makes for cheaper flights and is better for the environment etc. Bring-on charging for the toilets I say - that way they can put more seats in and make it more efficient.

Ryanair makes huge profits. And what on earth is wrong with that? Who do you think owns the vast majority of shares on the London Stock Exchange: Pension funds, insurance companies, local councils funds etc. We all benefit.

If they have to print boarding passes for you at check-in, then someone has to be paid to do that for you, and that means the ticket prices go up for everyone. And the only way to make folks print their own is to hit them with a financial penalty - it's the only thing that wakes people up and makes them change their behaviour.

I have flown with numerous airlines around the world, and Ryanair are just a reliable as the next one, if not more so. You are always going to be reading about bad-experiences that people have with Ryanair, because they fly so many people, and humans only record their bad experiences - not their good ones. The official stats speak for themselves - they are very reliable and on-time.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ajrduff, In my case it´s the opposite.
Leave work on Friday at 4pm 15 min walk to the airlink shuttle get to Edinburgh Airport by 5pm.
Takeoff at 6.20. Arrive in Oslo torp at 8pm. 90 mins from Oslo but only 15 mins from my sisters at Tonsberg.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hate Ryan Air - but, like smelly public lavatories - sometimes you just have to use them.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PeDaSp, well said, agree completely. This forum has always had a problem with Mikey - another advertising coup for the great man Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PeDaSp wrote:
I love Ryan Air, and I think Michael O'Leary is a genius. He loves his customers, because he understands that when you "survey" people they want everything for nothing and a massive list of freebees. But what they come to the purchase point, they care about ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY: PRICE.

And low price is what they give (most of the time! - other airlines can be cheaper at certain points).

As he says: "A plane is just a coach with wings". Why oh why to folks get so worked-up and want "service" and lots of other namby-pamby stuff? Most flights are just 1 or 2 hours - what on earth is the big deal? Do you need an employee (cabin staff) to make you feel good about yourself and rub your back? Do you really need a cup of coffee or something to eat on the plane?

The ONLY reason cabin crew are present is for safety reasons. If there was no safety rules, there would be no cabin staff even! Does National Coaches have cabin staff??

And what is the problem with printing out a piece of paper and taking it to the airport? The tax payer spends tens of thousands of pounds educating each one of us from the age of 5 - is it too much to ask of us to read a website and follow some simple instructions?

Charging for hold baggage has reduced massively the weight that the planes carry, and hence they need less fuel which makes for cheaper flights and is better for the environment etc. Bring-on charging for the toilets I say - that way they can put more seats in and make it more efficient.

Ryanair makes huge profits. And what on earth is wrong with that? Who do you think owns the vast majority of shares on the London Stock Exchange: Pension funds, insurance companies, local councils funds etc. We all benefit.

If they have to print boarding passes for you at check-in, then someone has to be paid to do that for you, and that means the ticket prices go up for everyone. And the only way to make folks print their own is to hit them with a financial penalty - it's the only thing that wakes people up and makes them change their behaviour.

I have flown with numerous airlines around the world, and Ryanair are just a reliable as the next one, if not more so. You are always going to be reading about bad-experiences that people have with Ryanair, because they fly so many people, and humans only record their bad experiences - not their good ones. The official stats speak for themselves - they are very reliable and on-time.

I think you love Ryanair only because they haven't yet had the opportunity to treat you like a mug -yet.

Once they fleece you with one of their scams then I'm pretty sure you will change your tune.

It has nothing to do with any of the things they clearly tell you about, it has all to do with how they treat you when things go wrong.

We all know Ryanair make huge profits. But too much of it is from just screwing passengers with extortionate charges for things beyond the passenger's control. I wonder if they would make any profit at all if they didn't do this?
snow conditions
Who cares, you're a mug if you fly with these bunch of Cowboys.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy