Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will I-Supershape Titans be too good for me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

1st post on here and was wondering about some skis.

I have rented some titans from edge to edge and just have a horrible feeling I might not be good enough to ski them, anyone any thoughts? Puerly based on reading a few reviews about them not being forgiving!

I have skied 6 weeks, am comfortable on all runs, and am just improving on the bumps, but still some way to go.
No flat run causes me any problems, unless very steep and icy, but even then I get down without too many issues, just not quite so gracefully.
I like to ski fast and on piste mainly

I was hoping these Ski's would take me to the next level, as I'm sick of the crap I always end up getting from French hire shops.
Edge to edge said they were great for on piste, which is what I normally stick to, but want to try off between pistes more as well.

Can anyone help? Anyone of a similar standard tried them?

Much appreciated in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
titleist007, welcome to snowHeads. I have a pair of Titans and I'm sure you'll be fine on them. They are good on piste, but not so demanding that you need to drive them hard all the time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rob@rar - Thanks for that, its definately made me feel better about my choice, thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Do you think so? I'd say that they'd be a real handful if they weren't skied well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman wrote:
rob@rar, Do you think so? I'd say that they'd be a real handful if they weren't skied well.
No, I thought they were reasonably tame and tolerant. Not so floppy that they are suddenly going to bend and hook a tip if you pushed them (skied on a pair like that in Tignes at the start of the season and they frightened the life out of me), and not as stiff as a slalom ski so they didn't need to be skied hard to stop them becoming squirrely. A nice sort of "inbetweeny" ski that I'd be happy to spend lots of time on, a bit like the Elan Magfire 12 that I replaced with the Titans.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, I'm not worried about them in our hands, as we sort of know what we're doing on them, but I've lent mine to less experienced skiers to try for a few runs and they found them a real handful.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:
rob@rar, I'm not worried about them in our hands, as we sort of know what we're doing on them, but I've lent mine to less experienced skiers to try for a few runs and they found them a real handful.
Perhaps, be interested to see how titleist007 finds them. I'd be surprised if anyone really didn't get on with them, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong if the OP hates them!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy