Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming Night race 2011

Poster: A snowHead
first off........ my money is on Kostelic wink

and secondly, which snowHead heads are going , and do you want to meet up??? (Flangesax....leave THAT hat at home Razz )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kooky, My money is on Kostelic as well - he seems absolutely unstoppable this season. His performance on Sunday was amazing

I can only hope that the Austrians do something special though - I'd love to see Benni win here again, but some how I doubt it.

I'm near to making a decision and will chat to you and let you know what the score is at the weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes have to agree with Kostelic , really smooth operator- Pranger and Herbst seem out of sorts so far this season but might do something on home snow - by the way are any of the on-line bookies giving odds on the race.
Was there last year but unfortunately am not out until the week after this time round - but will be glued to it on Eurosport, my youngest son, who is a slalom racer, can't wait to do his stuff on the race hill - having a hard time persuading a dare-devil 11yr old thats its a lot steeper in real life than it looks on the telly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bet you won't get odds worth taking on Ivica. If you're after a punt maybe Herbst but you're probably depending on Kostelic slipping up, he looks very good at the moment. I think at least William Hill take bets but can't see anything for Schladming yet.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just joined Snowheads after seeing it at the Ski Show late last year.
I'm going to Schladming for the Nightrace next week with a group of friends, 14 in all. Have been before on a boys trip but this time we're taking the wives Shocked The odds should come on www.oddschecker.com once Kitzbuehel is out of the way. Austrians have won the last 5 runnings and the local crowd there is worth half a second. Herbst will obviously be tuned up for a third straight win but I can't see past Kostelic as the winner. I'd love to see an Austrian victory particularly from Raich but my money will be on Kostelic.
Have skied in Schladming since I was 4 years old and so know lots of people and places if anyone needs any info.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The European bookies like bwin and expekt definitely have bets. Kostelic is just over 2/1 with grange 2nd fave. You can get some good odds on on benni and Mario Matt.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm also going to be there, but with way too little time Smile It would be really nice, if my south neighbor can take victory infront of my north neighbors doors. So... go Ivo! Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.bwin.com/de/betsnew.aspx?zoneid=in10132&leagueIDs=(1)j1&fromteaser
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="kooky"]first off........ my money is on Kostelic wink

[quote]

first off......... my money will be spent on beer!

Hoping to get there 7:30 at the latest....

Which stag edo you fancy meeting at?... mid highstreet or the one nearer the planai/hotel post?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax, hotel post!!!We will be there at 5 ish Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BBC red button

16:45 - 17:45
19:45 - 20:30
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bloody hell lads - can't even watch the race ..stuck in work until 11pm,hopefully the sky+ works this time,nearly threw it out the window when it "failed" to record the Hannenkahm last weekend - go Benni but be wary of Kostelic..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
briand6868, keep checking back to this thread, we'll give you a running commentary.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow...what a great crowd in Schladming. And it's snowing too snowHead

BTW...I use this site to watch all the sports for free. http://www.everythingon.tv/category/sports-hobbies/23
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I missed it on the red button and can't wait till Sunday for the highlights. Do they put the red button coverage on i-player? I've had a look and can't find it. Thanks
snow report
It was snowing at least for second run, so it was standard Schladming weather afterall. I was pretty surprised to come to Schladming around 1pm and there was no snow or rain. I don't remember when was last time I was there for Night race and it was no snow/rain. But weather gods didn't disappoint us on the end Laughing
latest report
50,000 reported as turning up for the event Shocked 50,000......amazing!
snow report
spud, could of done with that one to watch the ashes!... thanks dude!
ski holidays
Chasseur wrote:
50,000 reported as turning up for the event Shocked 50,000......amazing!

plus 10% it was 55,000 - these are football stadium numbers snowHead

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/schi/schialpin/2278442/55-000-fans-sind-neuer-rekord.story
latest report
Funny that they kept having to delay starts owing to the smoke. Presumably there was a bonfire for all the Austrian team's skis, gear and possibly coaches....
snow conditions
flangesax wrote:
spud, could of done with that one to watch the ashes!... thanks dude!

I was only recently told about it. It's a cracking site and the feed is good quality. Glad to help. Cool
snow report
My first live race... loved it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I just watched the highlights on Ski Sunday. Looked like a great time was had by all Madeye-Smiley
latest report
halfhand, There was quite a bit of drink flowing Toofy Grin Didn't have tickets so watched the big screen in the town below.
snow report
halfhand, an amazing atmosphere until the last Austrian chance skied out, then it was all tears Crying or Very sad

Funny comments on the radio about the results that I found funny - Benny Raich's "lowly" 9th position (best placed Austrian) was commented on as "if we were Germans, we would be celebrating this result, but as we are Austrians, it's a bloody national disgrace!" I heard variations on that all week - not sure how the DSV found it, but I thought it was a hoot!

Definitely well worth building a trip around that date just to experience the fervour of the crowds - the 55,000 number was based on the number of tickets/lift tickets sold - there were way more who like us watched on the big screens in town Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Schladming on the bucket list then Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
so.... i think we have established that it was a great night and anyone there had a much better time than anyone else in the world....ever...

just to really rub in what was missed here are some stats:

1,000 kilos of Leberkäse (yes a whole tonne)
10,000 semmel bread rolls
10,000 Würst
35,000 bottles of Schladminger or Gösser beer
5,000 litres of Glüwein

Not bad going!.... who's round was that then?...

source from the Leizen local rag that is available for bored SH's to read at Schladming hospital whilst waiting for the injured! ( www.lbn.at )
snow conditions
flangesax, I've got photos showing what a great night you were having! Man, you look hammered in a couple - were you really or is the camera lying? Laughing

I hope the injuries were not serious and not part of the group who came in yesterday! At least your German practise came in useful wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue

The camera NEVER lies missy Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
Never trust Sue with an inflatable phallic object Shocked

I tell you... these cougars are a dangerous breed Twisted Evil
snow conditions
kooky wrote:
Samerberg Sue

The camera NEVER lies missy Shocked Laughing
OMG! Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Hurtle, and that was the " Family friendly censored " version wink
snow report
Hurtle, And she looks as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. Not mentioning other locations though Shocked
ski holidays
kooky wrote:
Hurtle, and that was the " Family friendly censored " version wink

Was it the Fritzl family by any chance? Laughing
snow report
Downhillalltheway. I seek your advice/tips on visiting Schladming for the night race 24/1/2012.
Thanks.
snow report
downhillalltheway,
I seek your advice/tips on visiting Schladming for the night race 24/1/12.
Thanks Puzzled
snow conditions
Sorry missed this. What do you need to know ?

You can buy tickets by going on to www.nightrace.at. Accommodation gets booked up so I would recommend getting that sorted asap. Best place to stay is Haus Barbara which is directly opposite the Planai. If you can get a guaranteed room on the front on the second or third floor you will have a fantastic view and don't need to buy a ticket. Last year we watched the second run with the windows open and the TV on so that we could watch the top section on TV and then the bottom live. It's a completely mad night and a great spectacle. If the Austrian's win then there's a party all night. If the French win as last year then it goes very quiet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy