Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Extremes 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just got a pair of these and marker schizo bindings for 270 pounds....thought it was a relatively good deal. i'm doing an instructors course next season, and i plan on getting a pair of carving skis as well as these (which will be my playaround ones i geuss). anyone got any good (or bad) words to say about these skis? i've done a bit of searching around, and common gripes seem to be that it's quite heavy and the topsheet gets ruined easily - any truth?

cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are quite heavy, but that is not always a bad thing. I quite like them.

Top sheet will chip, but thats not a problem - purely cosmetic.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
how good are they in the park? did you have any trouble with rotations or anything?

cheers for the reply
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bump.

anyone got any other experience with these in the park? or public enemy's? i've heard they're very similiar.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a pair of the 2009 Extremes which I bought at the end of that season, and I think they are great. The top sheet does chip easily, but, Elston is right, it is purely cosmetic. I originally bought them so I could ski anywhere I wanted and play in the park on occasion.

I have to say that although I had every intention of spending a lot of time in the park when I bought them, I haven't. They are my only ski and I have used them on and off piste. I find them easy to ski switch if that helps, but prior to getting these I just had weeks of skiing on standard rental skis - so not a lot to compare them to.

I don't find them heavy at all, but I am pretty fit and strong and can only compare them to what I have previously rented. I have skied about 18 days on them so far (last season - first trip this season is on Saturday) and have used them quite a lot at snow domes where I have taken them on the rails and boxes. Not had any problems and still like them; but like I said, I am limited to what I can compare them to.

Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for the reply! i've only skied on rental skis as well, so i imagine i'm in a similiar boat to you - never used a pair of twin tips before (except the rossignol sc phantoms which arent really a true twin tip). it's good to hear that they arent shocking heavy and stuff as most people claim. i can't wait to use mine, but have to wait unfortunately for the best part of a year!

cheers for your reply
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy