Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Price of a beer in Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys
Just found this site, my first post, i'm off to Wengen in a few weeks and just wondered what the prices are like for a beer ect, went to Norway last year (Geilo) and was paying £6 for half of local beer Shocked . Hoping very much Wengen is no where near as expensive.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cant remember the exact prices but the happy hour was decent value at that bar with the teles in.... you know the one day the alley.....

And the prize for vaguest post of the year goes to....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prices have gone up a lot in geilo then I was 4 years agaon and it was £5 for a large beer i know the krona is stronger now but that is a crazy hike in prices.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Graham1426, shouldn't be anywhere near those prices, however with the significant drop in the value of the pound since I was last there it won't be cheap, I'd guess around £4.50 for a large beer from most places, though a few of the mountain restaurants will probably ask that for a small beer
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK here goes.

Up the mountain prices are all pretty much the same - about CHF 5 for a large one (50cl), a bit more - say CHF 7 if you want something a bit more exotic like a weissbier. This is a typical list from the Eigernordwand restaurant at Kleine Scheidegg:

Draft beer: 3 dl 5 dl
Rugenbräu Spezial CHF 3.80 CHF 5.40
Panache CHF 3.80 CHF 5.40

Bottles: 3,3 dl 5 dl
Rugenbräu Spezial, Alpenperle oder Dunkel CHF 4.20 3,3 dl
Rugenbräu alkoholfrei CHF 4.20 3,3 dl

Zwickelbier Naturtrüb CHF 4.80 3,3 dl

Rugenbräu Lager CHF CHF 5.20 5 dl

Erdinger Weissbier CHF 7.- 5 dl
Erdinger Weissbier alkoholfrei CHF 7.– 5 dl
Mountain Twister alkoholfrei CHF 4.80

In the village prices vary wildly depending where you go. Cheaper places like Rocks bar or Crystal charge about the same as the prices above. However if you go to a smarter bar like the Tanne you can pay a lot more. All in all I think it's pretty good value.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated, glad to see prices are more on the reasonable side, paying big prices last year in Geilo was a killer Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tiffin, pretty sure you mean Rocks Bar.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy