Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New stuff for St Anton 2005/6

Poster: A snowHead
St Anton in Austria will be getting a few improvements for next season. The old 3 seater Valfagehrbahn is to be upgraded to a 6 seater with, wait for it. . . heated chairs!...
Also the snow making facilities are to be extended and a new blue piste is planned from Galzig down to the village of St Anton.

I found this on a german skisite
http://www.sport65.de/reisen/reise_details_winter.asp?auswahl=arlberg2

if you do a page search with the following

'Neue Lifte: Die Valfargehrbahn (Alpe Rauz Richtung St. Anton) jetzt mit Haube'

Again it mentioned here

http://www.skiresort.de/lifte/lifte0.htm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ifyouski.com have the story too: here.

Seems that St Anton's hard skiers have gone soft - another heated sofalift! Will it have cushions?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It mentioned again here. Being bulit by Leitner

http://www.lift-world.info/lifte/projekte.php
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
what about cup-holders and navigation a system?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If a warm butt is important to U when skiing:

Chairlifts with the new seat heating:
Lech am Arlberg:
- Detachable 8-seater chairlift “Steinmähder”
- Detachable 6-seater chairlift “Kriegerhorn”
- Detachable 4-seater chairlift “Schlegelkopf”

Schröcken in the Bregenzerwald:
- Detachable 6-seater chairlift “Saloberjet”
- Detachable 6-seater chairlift “Sonnenjet”
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
admin, maybe re-word that to:
"If a warm butt is important to U when sitting (on it)"
Many people are only too happy to be sitting, to avoid skiing!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB, and table service. There are days when a hipflask just doesn't do the scenery, or one's fellow skiers, any justice.
Lift cos could at least look at installing vending machines on each chair.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I may be soft, but the heated lift seats are really nice when it's freezing cold in the middle of a whiteout.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad they didnt have them at Easter in La Rosiere. I would have had "jock rot" by the end of the first day it was that hot. It is always the face and exposed areas that get cold on a chair, never my rrrrrrrrrrrr's
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, electric blankets would be nice too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For those who can read German you can pretty much follow the thinking of the Arlberger Bergbahnen (lift company). Anyway, interesting to note the New Galzigbahn will be a Funitel Very Happy

Also back in March they mention that they are still awating official permisions for the new Valfagehrbahn so presumably they got them ??
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
here the link

http://www.arlberg.net/guestbook/guestbook.php3?offset=-2
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks, stanton. Interesting to see that the old Galzig cablecar is finally being replaced.

Apparently the photo on the left is one of the original Galzigbahn cabins arriving in St Anton in 1937
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, how long did it take them to come up with the idea of attaching it to a cable runnuing betwen pylons rather than relying on the nags?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some photos here !

http://www.ski-albona.at/valfagehrbahn.htm
ski holidays
Just some more detail (In German) on the the improvements for this season

http://www.arlbergerbergbahnen.com/index.php?id=30
latest report
Just some more detail (In German) on the the improvements for this season

http://www.arlbergerbergbahnen.com/index.php?id=30
latest report
Hi, I made some Pictures of the building of the new Valfagehrbahn... you can see it on the St. Anton Weblog http://stantonamarlberg.blogs.com (In German). Maybe you have fun to write something about them (naturally in English if you want). Would be really nice... maybe see you next year at the new valfagehrbahn!

Kisses from St. Anton
Barbara
latest report
barbarella, gut schauts aus! Obwohl ich eigentlich nie probleme mit der Valfagehrbahn hatte, ausser das ich manchmal als Eisblock oben ankahm. Geheitzte Sitze! Na da freut sich doch der Arsch.
Vielle Gruesse aus Minga. Bis bald an der Schlangenfreien Talstation Rauz (hoff ma doch).
-Mike
P.S Bist du beim Fremdenverkehrsverband St.Anton tätig?
snow conditions
hi MIKE, ja das mit dem Eisblock stimmt wirklich, denn der Wind weht echt immer eisig auf diesem Sessel und wie du schon gesagt hast, so ein warmes Ärschen ist wirklich nicht schlecht.

Nein ich arbeite nicht beim Fremdenverkehrsverband, verwalte aber den Weblog für St. Anton, aber das kannst du alles hier http://stantonamarlberg.blogs.com/about.html nachlesen!

Übrigens kannst gern was zu meinem Beitrag über die Valfagehrbahn dazuschreiben! Einfach unter dem Beitrag auf Kommentar gehen und los gehts!
Würd mich freuen!
LG vom Arlberg Barbara
latest report
Mike

A little wind & few drops of ice keeps people alert on the lift Happy

Barbarella, thanks for the foto updates. Do you know if the new Valfagehrbahn top station will be above the Ulmer Hutt or at the same sit as the old ?
ski holidays
Mike

A little wind & few drops of ice keeps people alert on the lift Happy

Barbarella, thanks for the foto updates. Do you know if the new Valfagehrbahn top station will be above the Ulmer Hutt or at the same sit as the old ?
ski holidays
stanton... thats a good question. Puzzled
I don´t know it yet, but if you want I can find this out for you!
I will write again!
ski holidays
stanton, not sure about this heated seat development. Next we'll be seeing chairs with built in schnapps and cigarette vending machines... Although now that I think about it. Combine that with the RFID in your lift pass and the marketing possibilities are amazing. You could get a daily printout of where you skied and what you consumed at each station along the way. The chair lift would do an instant analysis of your drinking habits, determine that your blood alcohol level must be nearing critical low levels since you've done N runs since your last topup and offer you a Jagatee to help you get to the top of the mountain.
ski holidays
Mike Lawrie, now that sounds like a sensible use of technology.
snow report
Mike Lawrie,

If you read any of my other posts your discover that Im in Anti-lift & Anti Grooming Machine wink

Stop the Brutal Grooming.
snow report
For those interested in the replacement for the Galzigbahn 2006/7 ??

http://81.10.170.223/alpengallery/0alpinforum/galzig_riesenrad.mpg
latest report
looks great and about time, shame I can't understand German. Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BOD,
Quote:

looks great and about time, shame I can't understand German

Sorry dont agree, It will only mean more people on Galzig & they do not have the capcity up there to cope with more people its crowded enough as it is in peak times.
There are plans to re-new the Schindlerbahn (chair) but when that happens ....who knows.

Same thing happened on Gampen when they took out the slow 2 man chair it only got more crowded Sad

Stop the Brutal Gromming
Less lifts Please
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy