Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 Apres?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

We are four 30-somethings thinking of heading to Les Arcs 1950 (self-catering) in the last week March/first week April. We arent looking for anything mad but a couple of lively bars for a bit of apres-ski and one or two others for a few after dinner pints would be nice. Anyone know what things will be like at that stage of the season and any suggestions? Ive heard George's is good fun.

And is Les Arcs 2000 (a) walkable and (b) any good for bars either?

Any other info on restaurants etc would also be welcome.

Thanks guys.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
drkpower, George's Wine Bar in Arc 1950. If you come over to the Les Arcs season thread in the snow reports section, you should get a lot more info. Or take a look at my facebook group page for Les Arcs, loads of info there as well. Link below.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The apres in Les Arcs is virtually non-existent - it's pretty pathetic.

Anyway, I have blacklisted that resort since the memories of it are not great after some dickhead French skier rammed me at full speed (not looking where he was going because he was "talking to ma frond..." (oh that's OK then !? I kid you not !) ending up with me tearing my MCL ligaments, badly straining PCL and damaging meniscus cartilage - requiiring the best part of a year of physio and some keyhole surgery Evil or Very Mad. My knee still gives me gyp and this was 5 years ago ! The doctor in the Med Centre there was a total arseas well - with any luck he's given up practising medicine now, he needed to... Sad

The snow was absolutely pants that year as well (for the half of the week I could go out before aforementioned plonker crippled me). Maybe I do Les Arcs an injustice but I ain't going back there....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JezC, Sorry to hear about the injury, I really wish more people would take your stance and blacklist the resort based on one mad frenchman.... especially in February.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
allanm, I wish the French would blacklist it themselves in Feb and give use all a rest. They drive me mad Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy, Steady on old chap...... Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like the veiled sarcasm Allan Smile I gather this site is renowned for it... Great stuff... Laughing

This chap was wearing a bright orange all-in-one - which said a lot about him (i.e. obviously a complete lack of self-awareness or even awareness in general). He came from Nice - not sure if that counts for anything but I was furious with him at the time and he was made very aware of that.

I dunno - I have to say I greatly prefer the L'Espace Killy area - although, like all French resorts, Tignes/Val is also incredibly busy and full of the same sort of French types who rudely make their way to the front of the funicular queues etc. Evil or Very Mad

But enough xenophobia for now I think... I worked with a Frenchman in my last job and he was a gent so....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
drkpower wrote:
is Les Arcs 2000 (a) walkable and (b) any good for bars either

To travel between 1950 & 2000 you use the "Cabriolet" bubble. Takes a couple of minutes at most. We did most of our Après/happy hour drinking in Les Belle Pintes in 1950, which was always pretty busy.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Both 1950 and 2000 are rubbish for apres, you won't enjoy it. might as well not bother going, Ill go instead if you like as I don't care about apres Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
drkpower,

George's works well either (a) between 5 and 7 or (b) after about 9:30 if there's a group in - it can be a bit quiet in the middle, depending on who is in resort that week. New Years Eve was stunningly good. Apparently. I didn't there until about 1. Apparently.
Serves a varitey of beers and a wide range of wines. Best value is buying your wine by the bottle rather than glass, and if you don't finish it in one sitting (sorry?), leaving it there for the next day. €14 a bot compared to €5 a glass... Importantly, serves London Pride by the bottle along with other beers. No spirits.

O'Chaud has a licence until 4am, tends to attract a slightly younger crowd. Luigi's has the TVs showing snow vids (or Sky Sport) and pool. Watch out for Hoegarten prices tho'. Belles Pintes (and Luigis ) have live musics once or twice in the week, and I think probably has best happy hour.

2000 has the bowling alley and a number of new establishments opened this year along with the new blocks - again, some are getting a good rep especially amongst the seasonaires, and open to early hours.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks a million guys; I'm booked in now so hopefully it'll be lively enough Very Happy .

Thanks especially to Chris, your links/facebook page are very helpful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy