Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel iron for waxing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My travel iron to do the waxing has finally burnt out. Can anyone recommend one with a teflon base that does a decent job. Must be dual voltage and available to buy (online if necessary) in the UK. I would consider a proper ski one but haven't seen ones that are dual voltage- unless can be advised otherwise. Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have used Tesco Value irons at £4.95. They are so cheap that they are about 1/3 the weight of a real iron( good to fly). They will work on 110v but need more time to heat up and have shorter use cycle. The cool down quicker but the thermostat is set for the same deg Celsius. Meaning at 240v u can use them for several sets of skis but at NA 110v only one or two before letting them catch up. Get them good and clogged up with wax and PTFE is totally irrelevant.
DO NOT TURN THEM UP FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just enough to melt the wax is plenty.
My advice is to try at home then superglue the thermostat in place. The lower voltage does not change the heat just the heating up time.
£4.95, give it a bash. If you don't trust Tesco then try Asda.

It works.

Post Script

Do not ever use an iron designed for use on a 110v system on 220-240v. It will burn out and may catch fire.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use a Lloytron dry iron with teflon base. Nice and light, £7 from amazon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tesco value iron now down to £3.50! The little kids in china must have taken a pay cut
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy