Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Cross on Austrian (Kitz area) Allstar Card?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone
My first post after plenty of google searches bringing me to snowheads, coming up with anonymous names!

We are heading to Kitzbuhel at Feb half term (6th time there i think?). We have skied mostly the Kitz area but since the All star card came out a couple of years ago, have sampled Soll, Scheffau and Skiwelt for a day each, so not seen them extensively.

After finding a boarder cross course and a ski cross course in Les 2 Alpes last Easter, I am hungry for more, found them such good fun.

I am pretty sure there isn't one in the Kitz area (although would love to be corrected) and a bit of googling has mentioned one in the Hartkaiser hill (south side) at Soll/Ellmau? Seems to be a 'championship' one at St Johann too.

Have not yet managed to locate these any more specifically than said above.

Anyone know of these runs/trails or of any others in the Allstar pass area? (Kitzbuhel, Skiwelt, Kaprun, Zell Am Zee, Skicircus, Fieberbrun, Waidring, Wildschonau, Alpbachtal) Nearer to (or easily accessible from ) Kitz the better!

Thanks a lot.
Craig
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was a skier cross race in St. Johann earlier this month but I don't think that the course is kept available for the general public. I don't know of any boarder/skier cross tracks in the KitzAlps area. There are fun parks with jumps, tables, rails, etc., e.g. on the Hanglalm near Pass Thurn and on the Kitzbühler Horn. Also above Ellmau, as you mention, and in Westendorf.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't think of any either...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, I thought that may be the case with St Johann
Ellmau and Westendorf as i mention - do you mean there are cross tracks or just fun parks?
Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Parks, I think. The Westendorf one is pretty good.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vanginger, Only rail/jump parks in Ellmau & Westendorf. St. Johann probably won't be open to public either Sad I share your frustration for the lack of skicross courses in the area! Kaprun could have one? France seem to be more on the ball with this...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to confirm: I was in St. Johann last Wednesday and the skicross course is gone, even the jumps/humps that were there before the race.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in Saalbach today and saw a ski cross course on the Bernkogel. It seemed to be open to the public, as far as I could tell from the lift. Saalbach's on the Kitz AllStar card but a good distance away from Kitzbühel!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shame abot St Johann
Saalbach would be great, but yeah a little bit far!
Cheers!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
espri wrote:
I was in Saalbach today and saw a ski cross course on the Bernkogel. It seemed to be open to the public, as far as I could tell from the lift.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it is open to the public. I also saw the helicopter land at it three times in the week I was there Shocked

Please be careful?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saalbach is not too far from Kitz take the the train its about 40 minutes can't remember the name of town for the station Lofer springs to mind but i think that is wrong.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Saalbach is not too far from Kitz

by helicopter maybe but I reckon it's two trains and a bus. Kitz-Zell am See, Z am S-Maishofen, and then bus. I suggest 90 minutes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I haven't ever come across a skiercross track in Austria but loads of them in France alright.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From Kitzbühel you can take the train to Zell am See (mosty without changing trains) -a bit under an hour- but after that you need a bus to Saalbach. Not the way I'd want to spend a skiing day!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy