Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Miss behaved - or unisex equivalent ? kung fuji

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody got these?

Have demo'd a whole set of fat skis at chill factore (the guys there were fantastically helpful) and the K2 missbehaved were my favs by far, but not sure how manageable they will be on icy steep pistes, particularly at speed. I know that this isn't what they are designed for, but will be spending some time on piste and am not going to travel with 2 sets of skis. I coudn't judge this very well in the fridge...

Have ski'd on burning luvs for the last 6 years - which were sold as an all mountain ski when I got them...just shows how much fatter everything has got. My skiing level - have skied mainly north america for the last few years, and am "happy" in the bowls around whistler/blackcomb as long as there isn't a jump in, although a bit of a wedge reappears at times of stress. The burning luvs are great but don't cope very well with the deeper snow!!!

The other option would be to hire for 10 days - pro freeze have them in chamonix - but £125 is a big chunk of my new ski budget, especially if I buy in the end...

Thanks for any help - am off to chamoix on saturday, but having checked the forecast not sure there will be a whole lot of powder!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't skeid them, but I imagine they'd be 'better than just manageable.' What's wrong with taking two pairs though, just get a double ski bag!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
always slightly wary of weight limit on planes (my burning luvs in sports tube weigh 12.5 kg so 2 pairs could take me to single item limit as the missbehaved seem heavier) - although I have read the stream on getting away with 2 pairs of skis in one bag...the other half has said the same as you so it might be the way to go...

I think that for me the issue is more on those days when you go out planning to ski in one place and the conditions mean that your plans totally change - coming off the mountain to change skis takes too much out of the day for me - and I'm too lazy to walk home and back again, and not coordinated enough to be able to carry 2 pairs of skis and poles without dropping everything on the way to the slopes!! Not surprisingly, the OH doesn't think that carrying my skis to the slope every day is part of his job - although he will do it on the way home if I'm too slow and the pub is open and waiting for him...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy