Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VFM Lunch stops in Les Arcs 1950 and 2000 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're in Arc 1800 from next weekend. Very Happy This year we'll more time to spend away from 1800 as the kids only have a couple of pvt lessons. We're interested in lunch stops in the 1950\2000 area. Nothing too flash, a terrace (as it looks like we may have 'some' sun), kids menus would be good too. Any recommendations?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a burger-bar type place in the centre of 1950 (Melli's I think it's called), which has outside seating. Seems to be a cheaper option than some other places in that village, although Valentino's pizzeria also seems reasonable IMO and also offers outside seating.

There is a little self-service place underneath Chalet de L'Arc (which is the big piste-side restaurant just above Arc 2000) that does significantly cheaper options (again, burger type menu) that the main restaurant there, but in an equally lovely location with views up to the Aiguille Rouge. The snackbar located on the flats by the new ropetow above Arc 2000 is great for a large pastry and a drink at low cost and also has some tables and chairs in the snow.

Not too sure about Arc 2000 itself as I've never eaten there, nor any idea about children's menus.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BMF_Skier wrote:
We're in Arc 1800 from next weekend. Very Happy This year we'll more time to spend away from 1800 as the kids only have a couple of pvt lessons. We're interested in lunch stops in the 1950\2000 area. Nothing too flash, a terrace (as it looks like we may have 'some' sun), kids menus would be good too. Any recommendations?

Opposite the Lanchettes lift there's a place than does huge pizza's - Chez Eux IIRC ... Oh and in 1950 there's a waffle shop (just a little on from mellis) on the right hand-side and right next to that is a fantastic sweet shop with a great pic n mix selection wink plus the spar in 1950 is the only supermarket that's open throughout the day, so if you want to grab a baguette and some soup and head back to the appartment then this is good place to shop, and only one lift to get home if I'm not mistaken.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier, the new chalet ceasar down at pre espirit is very good and not expensive. Also there is a new place opening in Arc 1950 that will do lunch meals on a charcoal fire or something like that I understand. Very nice.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy wrote:
the new chalet ceasar
Has that changed much since it changed ownership?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy