Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice requested on Ladies Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

The good lady wife is looking to buy her first set of skis prior to our trip to Switz at the end of the month

She's intermediate/advanced and relies on finesse rather than brute strength to get down the hill (though a little unfit at the moment!). Mainly on-piste stuff though starting to play more in the powder, so looking for something with about a 70/30 split

Any suggestions/recommendations on where to spend our money?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
convict, welcome to snowHeads. snowHead

I fit your wife's description in pretty much every detail (and additionally am quite small.) I ski on 2009 Dynastar Legends and love them for their nippiness/versatility, though must admit they are a little bit light for aggressive piste skiing. I think this is the up-to-date version, albeit slightly wider under foot - mine are 75mm:
http://www.dynastar.com/US/US/exclusive-legend-idyll_DA0KP01_product_dynastar-skis-women.html

Unless she is very powerfully built, I think they would suit her well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a new pair of Exclusive legend edens. They are last years skis though. 85mm width. Love em but only use them when we get fluffy stuff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
convict, Welcome to sHs snowHead

I would agree with Hurtle's recommendation for the Legends, I've skied them and they're very nice. As she says; nippy and versatile. Alternatively try the Scott Maya, which I eventually ended up buying. I loved both, but found the Maya a more stable, easy ride - almost effortless. Depends on how unfit she is - I am (and was) very unfit, so I found them much more comfortable. Be worth trying different skis out if there is a snowdome near you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I too am a fan of my Dynastars - but I would recommend if you live anywhere near a snowdome with an Ellis Brigham then they will usually let you demo some skis - I was fairly set on some K2's before I tried my dynastars and ended up with some longer than i probably would have gone for if I hadn't tried them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy