Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko Hilton food prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am considering going to ski in Niseko and there is a good deal at the Hilton. However, there are reports that food prices at the hotel could be very high.
Does anyone have any information on this?
I also would like to know if there is a self laundry facility at the Hilton like a laundromat.
Thanks for an info.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought the food prices were pretty reasonable last year. No idea what the exchange rates have done since then though.

Also no idea about laundry - have you looked at their website?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc wrote:
I thought the food prices were pretty reasonable last year. No idea what the exchange rates have done since then though.

Also no idea about laundry - have you looked at their website?

Thanks very much for your quick reply as we have to make up our minds very soon. What sort of prices are we expecting? Can we get a reasonable meal at the Hilton for around $20 to $30 each?

One of their websites indicates that there is "Self Laundry Available". However, the booking agent advises that there is a lundry pickup where they do the laundry elsewhere.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

One of their websites indicates that there is "Self Laundry Available"

that means you get a bathroom. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

One of their websites indicates that there is "Self Laundry Available"

that means you get a bathroom. wink

Actually, I thought as much and have steeled my mind to a grape squashing operation in the shower. Smile
However, if there is access to a washer and dryer at the hotel, it would greatly enhance our holiday as we are going there after a 4 day stayover in HK.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When you going?

What price have you been quoted?

Niseko Village, Higashiyama is very isloated in comparison with Niseko Hirafu.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From what I remember there was a free/very cheap shuttle bus service that ran into town from the hilton too. So you arent restricted to just eating in the hotel. I dont remember any self laundy facilities, but it doesnt mean they werent there! Travel soap and the shower work wonders though!

All in all, top hotel, couldnt be anymore conveinient for the skiing, and the compressed air guns to blow the snow off your boots/skis at the end of the day are a great laugh!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys. I decided to send the Hilton an e-mail and was informed there is NO access to any washing machine at the hotel. They did send me a price list for a laundry service, but it would be far cheaper to just throw the stuff away and buy new underwear at Costco when I got back to Melbourne. So I will simply bring all the old underwear that I have here, and throw the stuff away as I go along. Laughing

In answer to Mike, the price quoted was extremely great: 10 days ski-ing, plus transfers and ski passes came to just over 3100 Oz for two, and there is a 25% discount on food and beverage. I fully realise that Niseko village is isolated; if I were 30 years younger, I would have cried buckets. But now, I just want to enjoy the ski in ski out with a Gondola at my door step. Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike Pow wrote:
When you going?

What price have you been quoted?

Niseko Village, Higashiyama is very isloated in comparison with Niseko Hirafu.

First ten days in March, after 4 days layover in HK.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Valve Bounce wrote:
10 days ski-ing, plus transfers and ski passes came to just over 3100 Oz for two
Did you book that direct with Hilton or via an agent?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Powderlife web site is showing some good prices for that time period

http://accommodation.powderlife.com/pln/search.jsf

Avalon in the lower village for 2 people for 10 nights is AUD$ 1300
10-day Niseko United Pass for 2 people is AUD$ 1135
Return transfers for 2 people is AUD$ 115

Leaves you AUD$ 550 for food and drink (from the AUD$ 3100 you've been quoted)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Valve Bounce wrote:
10 days ski-ing, plus transfers and ski passes came to just over 3100 Oz for two
Did you book that direct with Hilton or via an agent?

Agent, is there a significant difference?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Valve Bounce wrote:

No idea, just wondering. THinking or running a group trip to Niseko next season and beginning to look at accommodation options.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Valve Bounce wrote:

No idea, just wondering. THinking or running a group trip to Niseko next season and beginning to look at accommodation options.

I just received an e-mail from the Hilton and they confirmed that there is NO access to any laundry machines at teh hotel. They did send me a list of a "collect" laundry service which is then done elsewhere and delivered back to the hotel. The rates work out at over $2 for a hanky, and goes up from there.

If you are thinking of running a group trip to Niseko next season, and you are thinking ski in ski out, then you need to book very early. If the group is young and hardy, and can walk from the village to the cable car at Zermatt, then I suppose walking around Niseko won't be a problem.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy