Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Month in France - any advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning on taking a month off to go to France to ride next Jan and was hoping to get some advice from people who have done it before. I would like some pointers on things such as where to go, how to sort accommodation and life passes etc and also anything else I might need to consider like insurance, hiring cars yadda yadda yadda. Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Burtonboy83, I did a full season a couple of years ago and wrote up a summary here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46330&start=253

might give you a few pointers...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Half season pass from 20 Feb in 2Alpes is 420€
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats awesome bertie, lots of great info and useful tips. I seem to be struggling to find shorter term accommodation but i'm sure i'll get it sorted!! thanks again
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Burtonboy83, Chalets Direct Solution Room has a Long Stay section where you could also post your request - but it might be better to do it in the short stay section as apartment owners get an email then (they don't if it goes in the Long Stay section and so often forget to look in there). The month from the first weekend after New Year holidays is an ideal slot for apartment owners to let at a long stay discount. Put your budget in your post, though, or you'll get loads of responses for things way out of your price range.

445km Evasion Mont Blanc also does season pass discount after 5th January - €442
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go to Italy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Burtonboy83, I might be able to help... pm through profile..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seasonaires.com do accommodation on a month by month basis. Also Chaletlesarcs.com in... yes Les Arcs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First choose your resort, then pointers can be given on the rest.
Resort choice criteria to consider (not exhaustive):-
Standard of skiing
Linked by lifts/need bus or car to get around
Size of ski area
Size of village
Height range of pistes
Off-piste
Distance from airport
Other resorts close by
French or Brit dominated
Apres-ski/night-life
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marcellus, I have sent a pm through to you, not sure if it sent though. Any help would be much appreciated.
kelse, Kenzie, Thanks for the pointers... Im kinda leaning to Avoriaz at the moment as it seems a quiet resort by comparison and has a decent ski area, only thing is I cant seem to find too much in the way of accommodtion there! Thanks all for your help and input
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy