Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Struggling to find somewhere decent in Flaine for a group of 6 - 5/6th of March. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
monotokpoint, does it have to be flaine, why not les carroz, samoens etc Lots of smart apartments.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
monotokpoint, it's still French hols - if you wait till the following week you shouldn't have any problem.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ah good point, will suggest that to the team!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monotokpoint, If self catering in Flaine Montsoleil would be of interest PM me. I assume you mean starting on 5/6 March, not just for the weekend.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go to Samoens or Les Carroz!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Go to Samoens or Les Carroz!

They might be equally busy that week. Most French resorts will be pretty fully booked - except maybe for Brit-run places, which clearly have different peak times. Places still left might be a good buy - but they might be over-priced for what they are, or have some problems. There's little or nothing left round our way.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pam, was assuming Grand Massif had to be it for monotokpoint. UK half term has been ok in both resorts for us in the past. Certain bottle knecks to avoid, but OK. Try Neige et Roc appartments attached to the hotel in Samoen, either direct or see if Xavier at Peak retreats has some room left in either these or other appartments.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
monotokpoint, Depends what you mean by "decent" but the "Renand" agency has three 50sq. metre 1 bed apts in Flaine. 3 sleep in lounge, 3 in bedroom or do you want a chalet? See www.flaine.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, the French holidays do not affect all resorts equally. Yes, the Paris weeks are busy, but the final week at least is usually reasonably quiet in Serre Chevalier, as there is only one region on holiday then. |We've skied here in UK half-term before, and it was still quieter than January in Belle Plagne.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
monotokpoint,

Only French schools on holiday that week are from zone A (Paris is in one of the other 2 zones). How about UCPA for the 6 of you ? I'm off there to Flaine from 5th March

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 19-01-11 22:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

the French holidays do not affect all resorts equally

granted, but Flaine is pretty crowded (at least by my standards) at the best of times. I was just trying to point out why the OP might be struggling to find accommodation in a resort which is absolutely full of apartments - if you have to go then, so be it, but then there are less crowded resorts, if the date is inflexible.

It always seems such a shame if people not tied to UK holidays are nonetheless in France during the French school holidays. The following week there will probably be half the number of people on the slopes.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When we went, we stayed in the Totem, it's a great hotel. Very good ski room/lockers too and lovely food as I recall. Not pretty from the outside (nowhere in Flaine is!) but the location's unbeatable.

It's a Crystal hotel I think.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g616132-d609606-Reviews-Club_Hotel_le_Totem-Flaine_Grand_Massif_Haute_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have always stayed at the P & V Residence Flaine Foret appartments, very nice and great location. This year we are going in UK half term, and taking a bit of a chance and booked an appartment through Expedia - Flaine Reservations. We are staying at the Les Arcs appartment, which looks ok, and sleeps upto 8 people, and very reasonable for UK half term week compared to where we normally stay, although we are presuming wont be as nice!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do you mean Arche in Flaine Foret? Ive stayed there, it was interesting Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:

Posts: 17Do you mean Arche in Flaine Foret? Ive stayed there, it was interesting

jgr1 - yes i do mean Arche in Foret - and am scared to ask you why it was interesting?!!! any pointers (other than dont go there, as already booked and paid for!) - be kind rolling eyes
ski holidays
Do tell jgr1, please!

I own an appartment in Arche, have done for 20 years and only ever stayed there for one week!
It is rented out permenantly to a manager from a ski shop.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy