Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Motorhomes in Val D'isere. Has anyone spotted one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm going to the Alps next month in my motorhome and I was hoping to meet up with some friends in VDI. I heard you used to be able to stay in the car park in La Daille but I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Has anyone been in VDI recently and spotted any motorhomes that are staying overnight?

Thanks,
Robert
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Normally the car park at la Daille is full of season worker's motorhomes (well vans with a bit of insulation).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply davidof.

I'd planned on staying at the La Daille car park but I keep reading conflicting info. I'd heard recently that the police were not allowing parking. Was it this year that you spotted the vans there?

Cheers,
Robert
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can't park up in the La Daille/Funival car park anymore, you could try the car park down in Tignes le Brevieres at the Ice Driving Circuit. Stayed in both locations a few years ago in a Campervan, no hassle from Police at either. Quite a few seasonaire's vans down in Le Brevieres too, and it's a bit more peaceful. If your meeting your friends to ski, get out for 1st lift, you could meet them at the top of Rocher de Bellevarde 30 minutes later.

May be worth contacting the Office du Tourisme to find out the situation regarding La Daille overnight parking, It's nice and quiet in Le Brevieres at night, so if you want a bit of nightlife, Val d'Isere would be the better option. If it's all about the Skiing/Boarding, stay down in Le Brevieres.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks BCB,

Thats a good alternative if I can't stay in Val. I'll give the Tourist Office a call.

It's preferably a bit of both regarding the skiing /nightlife so fingers crossed re. Val.

Thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Btw,

Does anyone know if there is a bus service from le Brevieres to Val d'Isere and, if so, does it run in the evening?

Cheers,

Robert
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I met a couple the week before christmas who had a camper at the furnival at La Daille; it was -12 inside at night so they were moving down to Bourg for some warmth. That seemed to be their only problem.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info cstreat.

That confirms to me that it's still open for overnight parking.

Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to update the previous posts:

We went to Val and realised that the carpark at la Daille is now height restricted and therefore off limits for vans. There was an area for campervans on through the village but it was completely jammed with seasonaires vans, so no chance of parking there. On up at the end of the valley at le Fornet there are a couple of parking spots but they're pretty remote and uneven..ok for a night or two only.

We then decided to go on down to les Brevieres and found the carpark at the base of the gondola was fine and the village itself great. the only trouble is that there is nowhere to fill/ empty your fresh water and grey/ black waste. There is a toilet in the gondola building open during lift hours but I dont think emptying your toilet cassette there would be appreciated. We stayed in here for 3-4 day stints and went down the valley to the campsite in Bourg to fill up with fresh water/ groceries, empty the toilet and have long showers etc.

One other thing regarding staying in Brevieres. It's a nice village with a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants but there is no regular bus links with Tignes or Val at night and it's a 30-40 euro cab fare back from Val if you miss the last bus. Wasn't ideal for us as our friends were staying in Val.

Bottom line is... there's nowhere to park overnight in Val d'Isere but les Brevieres is fine for shortish stays.

Hope this info is helpful,

Robert
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy