Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where will keep everyone happy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Puzzled

Hi all,

I now have 3 people confirmed to go skiing on Feb 5th/6th.....Trouble is I'm struggling to pick the right resort and would really appreciate some help. We have one 'beginner' (he has skied twice before but is lacking in confidence) One who is happy on easy to mid reds and one who needs a little challenge on or off piste now and again. We are looking for Apres but not 2/3 AM stuff, liovely beers 5-7 and maybe a couple of good bars from 9-12...(for EG I loved Soll last year for Apres but there was nothing to challenge me skiing-wise) We also don't want things to be too expensive as we are struggling here in Ireland thanks to the bankers and developers wink I found a great deal to Courmayeur half board but from the searches I've done am worried I'll be completely bored and not so sure about not being able to ski back to the village, good deals to Soll which I can forego the lack of blacks as I know the lads will be happy but it's raining and 8/9 degrees....!! L2A might be an option based on previous research I did but I've never been there! Also went to ADH last year and loved the skiing but there was almost zero apres and prices in a deserted town were expensive....(my experience of France to date I'm afraid)

I have been recommended other resorts in Austria such as Zell, Schaldming (spelling error?) but worried again about the weather. I know typically Austria needs less snow because of the 'meadow' aspect of the slopes but also know two groups who've spent their week in the pub due to lots of rain and no snow!

Anyway, sorry for the ramble but it's taken so much effort to get to the stage where I have three confirmed that I don't want to mess it up....Thanks!

Bendy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any of the big resorts would suit, verbier, chamonix if your happy taking buses to/from the slopes, st Anton etc etc
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been to LDA with a very similar group to yours. Four of us though and everyone loved it. Best thing was the fact that you could go all the way to the top of the glacier even as a one week skier and pretty much ski all the way down! About 2000m vertical descent and a good few km in distance. (he jumped in bubble for last bit) but we arrived same time. Apres is very good there too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ben Dover, LDA should be OK - some very high, but not difficult, skiing available for your beginner (who would probably profit enormously from a couple of lessons with easiski (Charlotte Swift). The apres is not going to be cheap (if you spend from 9 - 12 in bars every night you'll spend a small fortune....) but it's not as expensive as some and it's a lively little place.

With the weather prospects as they currently are you certainly need to go high, and they don't come much higher. You might need to download by gondola, I guess.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all for your replies. Yes, weather is a real worry now although there seems to be indications that temperatures will turn colder toward the end of next week. Kitenski, there's nothing left for St Anton with the tour providers here and I'd be concerned at the likely cost of Verbier and Chamonix. garethjomo, when you say the Apres was very good in LDA are you referring to later at night as opposed to right after skiing? Thanks pam for the easiski contact (I will be encouraging him to take lessons).....I went to ADH last year and beer was €6 a pint...at least 33% more than Soll, any idea if LDA is on a par with ADH for food and beer?

I guess the bit we love about Austria is the immediate beers when you get down off the mountain, I just love the atmosphere and sharing stories about the day with others......We've booked the time off with work so we can leave our decision right up until maybe the 1st of Feb to watch the weather patterns!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Come back from L2A just after Christmas. You'd probably be looking at €5-6 a beer in L2A, but then having kids with us we weren't out drinking all evening, so never sampled loads of bars, and didn't really find happy hour anywhere. We never really found anywhere too lively - but then again we weren't really looking, some of the guys in our hotel seemed to have had a good time at night.

The skiing should be great as there's enough to keep each of you happy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammerite wrote:
Come back from L2A just after Christmas. You'd probably be looking at €5-6 a beer in L2A, but then having kids with us we weren't out drinking all evening, so never sampled loads of bars, and didn't really find happy hour anywhere. We never really found anywhere too lively - but then again we weren't really looking, some of the guys in our hotel seemed to have had a good time at night.

The skiing should be great as there's enough to keep each of you happy.

Thanks Hammerite
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy