Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Group holiday for 10 - 27th feb...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Currently undergoing booking a holiday for a group of 10 people which was supposed to have been booked a while ago but due to usual logistics of organising it and getting people to pull their fingers out, it hasn't happened until now so we are looking at a last minute deal. Did have a fab deal to Mongenevre but missed out on that one today Sad

We had first looked at Italy as that's where me and the bf went last year (sauze), however crystal had very little for holidays so have turned to iglu instead and they seem much better for deals this year. As we obviously have limited options now and being a large group we are open to wherever we can get that caters for typical mixed ability, large enough area etc etc. We seem to keep coming across places in France in great resorts but accomodation pretty poor even going on what we are usually happy to book (nothing fancy, but not just a box with a bed!)

Looking hypothetically as if we would be going in say 2 weeks time last min January, the availability of large catered chalets of 3-4 stars is really good and at really good prices. Is this likely to be a similar situation in february (i.e selling off everything cheaper) or are we gonna get screwed, find nothing and end up doing 1* self catering in some really terrible resort?!

Any recommendations of good group websites would be helpful - found a fab looking holiday on "Alpine elements" until I read some of the reviews knocking about which has seriously put me off.

(sorry for long post!)
Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I seem to remember reading that Alpine Elements has changed hands since.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your second week includes british half term hols - so if you are going with british tour op then that may explain low availability at high prices, even for a shoebox...
May be a good case for organising an independent trip and sorting flights accom and transfers separately...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FiFi_Trixibell, I'd suggest there isn't that much now (in France certainly) for 10 and your dates - first week is French HT week, second week is UK, French, Dutch, Belgian etc. We certainly, have been fully booked for w/c 19/2 for months. You could try Chalets Direct Solutions Room and see what comes back to you, or SnowHead Flangesax who has a chalet in Austria, DID have space w/c 19/2 - may be worth sending him a PM
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just about every room in our area (Espace Diamant) is booked for those weeks and has been for some time; French school hols. Whereas now, it's very quiet. Went skiing with two other couples today - we all own apartments here, 2 bed apartments in buildings with 8 apartments in, some bigger. We are all the ONLY occupants in our buildings, and rents are v low.

For those dates I wouldn't bother with France, actually. Unless you really enjoy queuing and crowds.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

The other thing to consider is changing the dates if your group were willing to be a bit flexible??

You'd find availability for 30th Jan - 13th Feb with no problem at all, and still plenty around for 6th - 20th Feb although, as some of the other posters have said, the 13-20th Feb is likely to be relatively busy in resort.

We've got space for both those options if you like the sound of La Plagne - get in touch for details . . .

Heather
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy