Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - 29th Jan for one week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I had a trip planned to Val D'Isere but its all gone wrong as my friend who lives there has been in an accident and is coming home, she is okay but cannot ski. I am therefore stuck with flights booked to Grenoble on 29th Jan and coming back on 5th Feb but no accommodation/ holiday. I will go anywhere I can get a transfer to so:

Alpe d'Huez, Les 2 alpes, Oz en Oisans, Vaujany, Tignes, Val d'Isere, Les Arcs & Aime

Has anyone got a place in a chalet or on a trip I can join on those dates? Madly trying to organise something now...not much time!!!

Thanks,

Robert

membershipsrp@googlemail.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

I have looked at trains, buses etc and I can get most places if I am willing to endure a long transfer so would be interested in ANY resort. All options from 29th please as I really don't want to lose my flights.

Thanks,

Rob
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bigrobski, will you be on your own? If so you might find a UCPA centre with spaces available (they are in several of those resorts). Very good value all-in holidays, including guiding/tuition right up to high levels of expertise. And always somebody to have a drink with in the evenings.

ucpa-vacances.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I know UCPA well and it would be an option but for my dates! Shame, thanks f
or the sugestion and all others really appreciated I am sweating now, need my ski fix!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

I hope this doesn't sound too much like spam but if you don't mind holidaying on your own, it might be worth taking a look at our chalet (web address in the tag line).

We have some single rooms so we don't charge a supplement and the chalet is relatively large (sleeps up to 24), so everyone tends to be pretty friendly with a good mix of people. Travel wise, you can get a bus from Geneva with altibus that arrives into Bourg Sainte Maurice (our nearest town) and we can pick you up from there.

The only thing that might be difficult is that the chalet runs from Sunday to Sunday so you'd need to have the Saturday night somewhere in Geneva, but we can suggest some hotels etc.

Either send me through a message or contact us via the website if you've keen?

Best wishes,
Heather
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all snowheads,

I am still without accomodation for my trip. Things that I have learnt:

1. Travelling on you own to ski can get very, very expensive

2. Grenoble is one of the worst airports to fly into if you are trying to find accomodation only in a ski resort, if I had flown to Geneva I would be laughing!

3. Easyjet are...well you all know what they are I am sure. So long as you stick ridgidly to your planned destination and flight times you are fine but if something else happens in your life, forget it!

4. Accomodation seems to run Sunday to Sunday in many places...why?!?!?

5. La Rosarie is a good ski area with some great accomodation for a very good price but if you want to get there after 2130 from Bourg St Maurice you may as well not bother as the taxi companies will utterly rip you off so as to negate any savings from your hotel.

6. Transfers from Grenoble are much more expencive now than they used to be and it appears that Bens Bus is pretty much the only option unless you want to pay ££££ for a taxi.

I may just write off the money for my flights which will mean that I can't afford to ski. At this stage that is my position unless one of you good people has a better suggestion?

Seriously tired and hacked off,

Robert
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
depends on your budget really, but you could get a room off booking.com for those dates in brides les bains or champagney for less than 300 eur, but you still got to get there.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?label=gog235jc;sid=2198ea6a330c9cc863d821921314c425;checkin_monthday=29;checkin_year_month=2011-1;checkout_monthday=5;checkout_year_month=2011-2;city=-1415225;class_interval=1;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;country=fr;radius=0;order=price

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?label=gog235jc;sid=2198ea6a330c9cc863d821921314c425;checkin_monthday=29;checkin_year_month=2011-1;checkout_monthday=5;checkout_year_month=2011-2;city=-1418113;class_interval=1;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;country=fr;radius=7;order=price
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've got some space at Chalet Hotel Les Melezes, Tignes for that week if that's of interest? Contact mail@mountainsunltd.com for details.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello all,

Well it looks like I am sorted, off to Tignes on 29th in a catered chalet with a double room for one at £350!

I am grateful for the replies but have to say that it has been a real issue sorting something out for one guy when flights are already booked. These things happen but hopefuly not to me again in the near future.

I did learn quite a lot about solo ski options and as soon as I get a chance I am going to post what I know on the forum in the hope of maybe assisting others.

In the meantime these are some of the options I had been considering, all 29/30 Jan to 4/6 Feb:

Courchevel - Bozel, France
Chalet Coquelicot
£350 - fully catered
E:mail - bookings@skicourchevel.net

Chalet le Duy
Courchevel - Le Praz, Three Valleys
£350 - fully catered
evasiontravel.co.uk/courchevel-le-praz

La Tania - Chalet Chcolat or Clementine
£349 for Chocolat and £359 for Clementine - fully catered
A transfer can be arranged @ £65 return
www.skimagic.co.uk
Jane@skimagic.co.uk

La Rosiere - Les Eucherts
£299 - fully catered (several chalets all look good)
A transfer can be arranged @ £50 return from Geneva
web:www.mountainheaven.co.uk
email:info@mountainheaven.co.uk

Also check out www.ice-fire.co.uk they were really helpful and offered to collect me from Bourg St Maurice at no cost. Heather@ice-fire.co.uk couldn't do enough to assist me and I regret I couldnt make the dates work.

Anyway I am sorted, so anyone else in Tignes from 29th Jan?

Rob
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy