Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling easyJet pedants

Poster: A snowHead
My private jet has had to go in for new winter tyres and some stain removal. So, with much trepidation, I have booked an easyJet flight. Trouble is I also booked seats for a few others and one of them is called Jeff (a bloke). It was late and I spelt his full name as Jeffery as opposed to what it should have been as per his passport, Jeffrey. Now, I have no problem with this as I cannot believe it'll be enough to cause mayhem at the check-in. He wants me to faff about and change it. What to do? (I've already told him to MTFU) Has anyone been made to re-ticket, and no doubt pay for it, because of something like this? Thank you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had a similar problem - my passport name is Harold (only my mother has called be that since I was at primary school) but my mate has booked me as everybody knows me, Harry.

The TO was so pedantic as to require full middle name to be registered so I have asked him to change it to avoid a problem at check in.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get him to change his name
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, due to a typo error (which this could be), I registered one of my sons on the flight as Baeumont instead of Beaumont . I didn't notice it on the booking or even on the tickets until I got to the airport. They didn't notice at check in either.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no probs, just blag it ! it is not as if it is your ticket Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No need to do anything for one letter mistake airlines will not do anything, they are not allowed to. Call easyjet and ask but don't mention your booking reference if they do try and charge you forget it and just check in its only really a problem if the surname is wrong.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, He'll be fine, you should be worrying about his helmet in your hand
luggage. Toofy Grin

PS. You should also be asking Michelle to change her roster so you can amuse her whilst she does her thing with the life jacket wink

PPS. Sorry my PJ is being serviced.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 13-01-11 18:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, Person who booked my flights during my previous job used to get my name slightly wrong all the time (sometimes first name, sometimes surname, sometimes both - to be fair he didn't really speak English and I didn't speak any Arabic). Only ever bothered to change it when flying to the US. Did many European flights with slightly incorrect name and no one cared. Can't believe Easyjet is going to spot one letter being in the wrong place.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, a while back I did the same thing for my name. I rang up ej and my name was changed free. Things may have changed though - bearing in mind HB's experience, I think I would leave things be.

So sorry you have had to abandon your normal life style
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, my typos get me into all sorts of trouble, but fortunately not on this occasion.

Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would not worry - last year we had a Joe who's passport said Joseph ....... no problems.
Cost you £50 if you change it I bet.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all. Like I say, I couldn't really give a toss if he checks-in as Abu Jihad Al Bomber, but he is buying dinner one night so would be good to have him there.

Quote:

So sorry you have had to abandon your normal life style

achilles, you have no idea how spooky that is... there are 6 of us going and I entitled the "meeting" the G6. You work at GCHQ? Anyway, nice vid but a bit quiet.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Bode Swiller, a while back I did the same thing for my name. I rang up ej and my name was changed free. Things may have changed though - bearing in mind HB's experience, I think I would leave things be.

I had to make name changes for my family trip last week. Phoned up and, once I eventually got through, there was no charge. They said I didn't need to worry but for me it was better safe than sorry.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I booked last years boys trip flights. Booked my mate in as Tony. His passport read Anthony. EJ check in at LPL was fine no problems. EJ check in at GVA on the way home, Tony got told off by the check-in girl - "your name should be ze same as on ze passeport Antoneee". Still she let him through.

I don't think you'll have an issue - ignore it
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing wrote:
PS. You should also be asking Michelle to change her roster so you can amuse her whilst she does her thing with the life jacket wink
interesting, and how will I recognise this "thing" you speak of? I'm sure, as I write, she is begging someone to swap roster.
snow report
halfhand wrote:
I booked last years boys trip flights. Booked my mate in as Tony. His passport read Anthony. EJ check in at LPL was fine no problems. EJ check in at GVA on the way home, Tony got told off by the check-in girl - "your name should be ze same as on ze passeport Antoneee". Still she let him through.

I don't think you'll have an issue - ignore it

Think it was on the TV show Airline where Kit Hesket-Harvey from Kit and the widow had a run in with EJ, they said they allow things like Tom for Thomas, Joe for Joseph, Harry for Harold but refused him as they refused to believe Kit was short for Christopher
snow conditions
davkt, is it then? Puzzled
latest report
MoodyFFS, Yes. Love to see them deal with "Peggy" then.
snow report
Well I've know 3 or 4 Kits over the years who were christened Christopher so seems as real a shortening to me as it did to Kit H-H
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, must be an "old" thing... never heard that before..
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:
interesting, and how will I recognise this "thing" you speak of? I'm sure, as I write, she is begging someone to swap roster.

Let me know where and when and I'll try and do my thing with you Toofy Grin
snow report
Shocked

Better keep my reply offline eh?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, wink another favour you owe me Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, it's well on the way to happening Cool, there has been communication (oh alright then, stalking) and it's all making me want to invest in that Speedo Boarding she told me about. Better get up the gym. Thanks for you help and advice.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, speedy boarding is only any good if you don't need to get bussed to the plane, just get there early enough to be near the front when the flight is advertised. as for the name they will never notice tha,t and just tell your mate you've changed it Twisted Evil
snow report
ricfrench, can't comment on EJ but last time I flew ryan air from Salzburg those with priority boarding got bussed seperately ahead of the madding crowd, they wouldn't even let those without priority boarding on the bus. So it can work in your favour.
ski holidays
ricfrench, ansta1, ..... woooosssshhhhh ........ Very Happy
latest report
One of our group (Jim) is actually Ernest, which I only found out when booking flights a few years ago. Understandable really Smile

I have to phone and check his "real" name every year (and always get some of the group emailing to tell me I've got Jim's name wrong).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1, last week at Innsbruck the EJ Speedo Borders got bussed to the plane before the great unwashed [Snob Smiley]
snow report
I love hanging back at boarding, it means I generally can't be sat with my kids.
ski holidays
It's weird what being cooped up in an aluminium tube does to people's psyche. The only justification for Speedo Boarding must be to get the right seat or combination of seats or maybe grab one of the six seats with extra leg room. I understand some people feel safer by the window or at the front or over the wing etc but not considering that the rest of the passengers can't crash without you. My view is that the entire plane needs to reach the destination so you might as well sit anywhere and it's better to meet strangers than sit with your own lot for, let's face it, only about 90 minutes. Some get very stressy and go to loads of trouble to sit with mates/family and the first thing they do is plug in the earphones or nod off.

The other weird thing is why people avoid the very back seats. Everyone still fills up from the front. I just wander straight down the back and normally find more freedom, quicker service, no loo queue. Swiller Boarding and it's free.

So Michelle you'll find me up the back, alright!
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
achilles, my typos get me into all sorts of trouble, but fortunately not on this occasion.

Laughing

Does only seem to be vowels though Laughing
snow report
What Richiavo, says I believe to be correct. First name typo will notbe picked up. Surname on the other hand will more than likely cause a problem if incorrect.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller,

fine when travelling solo or as an adult group but with children I'd prefer them to be sat close.... (well actually I wouldn't but SWMBO would)...
ski holidays
ansta1, kids enjoy a break from their parents. And if you really really want to irritate them and sit with them, the onboard staff will help move a few peeps around. No need for Speedo Boarding with really young kids either cos they load you faster than the others anyway. sorted.
snow report
Get a set of crutches and tell 'em you need assistance. When I fle back with my fractured ankle, due to traffic we only just made check-in and by time I'd waited for the airport guy to wheel me through, boarding had started. The plane was at one of the bussed stands at Munich and by time I got to the gate the first bus had left. I wasn't bussed with the masses, had a minibus all to myself which pulled up at the bottom of the steps up to the aircraft. I hopped out and up on to the plane to take my choice of seats whilst the 'speedy boarders' and everybody else was still stood waiting on the bus Very Happy Only once I was seated did they let them on.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:

So Michelle you'll find me up the back, alright!

So many responses... so don't need to be banned... Twisted Evil
latest report
Michelle, I feel sure Bode Swiller, will enjoy the EZ experience Very Happy
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
PPS. Sorry my PJ is being serviced.

You have your pyjamas serviced? Shocked Shocked

One has to wonder if that would normally include an edge and wax.... or not.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, Oh dahling, Private Jet, silly Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy