Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does a telepeage need activating?

Poster: A snowHead
Does the Doofer need activating when you receive it in the post, or do you just stick it on and go ? ( I`m used to volumes of instructions and a cd or two with electronic gizmos !!)

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stick it on and go. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, +1
but it does take fractionally longer than normal to lift the first gate the first time you use it on each trip, I imagine it is registering you onto the 'system'.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, Yep, I had that. After the first one it's fine.

Just don't use a Sans Arrete lane too quickly!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's your first time with one I can guarantee that you will creep towards the first gate with increasing trepidation thinking 'it's not going to lift........it's not going to lift'. Even now I sometimes forget how close you need to get. However, it will lift without you needing to do anything and you will probably get a small beep from the device as it gets 'read' - at least I do on mine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, just started using mine and it didn't need activating.

Megamum, absolutely spot on!

The first time I used it was just on a simple gate where you didn't have a ticket taken from the point of entry onto the Autoroute, but the second time, just this week, was one where I'd taken a ticket before hand. In truth I wasn't sure when I was supposed to wave the doofer at the gate, but I think it was just once I had put the ticket back in the machine when leaving the autoroute. I had assumed that I wouldn't need to take a ticket but clearly it wasn't quite that smart.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitters, I hope you are not about to get a double bill, I've never found anywhere that I've needed to take a ticket since I've had mine.

For those using them for the first time the auto peage gates are often on the far left of the peage booths as you run up to them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitters, definitely don't take a ticket - just drive through, and it registers where you joined the system, and then registers a second time where you leave the system.

there are more and more places where all the lanes have telepeage options over them. It won't be long before (like urban rat runs) they all take the same time to get through.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's what I thought, but when I drove up to the barrier it didn't open so I had to very sheepishly reverse a little and take a ticket. Similarly when I left the autoroute it only beeped once I'd put the ticket in first.

It was only for 5 euros or so, so not a disaster if I pay twice, but I'll check my bill.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitters, Hmm. When you put the ticket back in, did you have to pay anything? Or did it just let you through. If it let you through without paying, I can't see that you'd have paid twice.

I suppose that if you take a ticket, it registers you as having taken a ticket - and is "waiting" for the ticket at the other end.

Next time you go to a "take a ticket" gate, and try to go through just with the badge (this is assuming it is a télépéage lane.....) if it doesn't work, I think you should go an ask what's going on.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum,
Quote:

For those using them for the first time the auto peage gates are often on the far left of the peage booths as you run up to them.

Yep, as Megamum, says keep left at all times, whilst we zip through the ones on the right with no queue Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, no cash was paid so I guess I was ok. My holiday is now almost over so I'll be doing the Annecy to Geneva leg again tomorrow in reverse, so I'll see how I get on.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

no cash was paid so I guess I was ok

Yep, sounds fine.

I've hit a few péage gates where there were very short queues on the two outer T-only lanes, and have gone straight through a credit card/T lane further to the right instead; it seems inevitable that the advantage of T-peage will soon disappear. But by then, of course, having collected EXTRA cash from us in the meantime, the networks will have achieved their aim of being able to sack lots of their staff. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got stung when book a ticket on the equipment in because it did not beep, and then beeped me out without wanting the ticket. I got charged as if olive had made the longest journy on that section. Cost me about 30€.
snow conditions
If I have had to take a ticket for some reason (roofbox on car at an unmanned station in Chalons), we took badge and ticket to a manned booth when we left the autoroute.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy