Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

nauders, austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone been there? have searched here and online and not much independant info available. is it a pretty town/village?
I know the lifts are a bit out of town, but it seems from the map its possible to ski back to town via a blue run but this is not nentioned anywhere.
if its possible which accom is closest to this slope. any other general info like prices for food and drink, accom recommendations etc would be appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anyone?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
creedgearoid, Ok, I have been there twice, both times just for a day and night. Is it pretty? No, more like a typical Italian place. Definitely not chocolate box chalets. It's quiet, nae feels almost deserted. Sits high on a windy plateau at the conference of Austria, Italy and Switzerland and is a long way up the valley from anywhere. Nearest really nice place is Serfaus and I'd go there in a heartbeat over Nauders.

If none of that atmosphere and apres is important to you then you are probably interested in the lifts and runs and snow. It has a great snow record, and unlike much of austria has a lot of off-piste possibilities. Still had single chairs when I went.

I doubt you can ski back to town. I drove to the lift station each time. But there will be a bus.

When I went there in about 1995 I hadn't booked accommodation. I well remember knocking on all the zimmer frei places and each time they said a flat "nein" because I only needed one night. None of them at all friendly. Exasperated I finally walked into the main four star hotel resigned to paying proper money. I mentioned to the lady at the desk (who, turned out to be the owner) that I'd met with a cool reception elsewhere and she put me up for FREE including evening meal. How 'bout that!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, great info, thanks. have done serfaus and agree its exellent.
will prob scratch nauders off the list so as we do like pretty village look and atmosphere. moving on the list to folgarida in Italy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy