Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this a bad idea? (kids skis)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking my 2.5 year old to Plan Peisey on 29th Jan. I've got some 60cm salomon grom blades for him to play around on. The problem is that they have non release bindings. Is this wise?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From very recent experience of putting our 2.5 year old on skis for the first time, i'd say no. First thing that happened is the tips of the skis go in different directions and she falls over... ends up with legs pointing in very strange directions.

Either get some kids bindings that have a very very low din or do what we did and get some of the plastic kids skis... she fell over a couple of times wearing these and they are so light it didn't have any effect on her legs. The plastic bindings are also only connected at the toe so allow a fair bit of twisting motion.

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm surprised those kids' blades ever got made. I also find it odd that adult ones with non-release bindings are still on sale. Anyway, I would go with those plastic skis initially, and move on to reall kids' skis if your son shows he needs them - although the main thing our son did at a similar age was ski (cross country style) into the nearest snow bank and lie there giggling until we picked him up and then he would do it again, and again . . . and again . . .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I've got some 60cm salomon grom blades for him to play around on. The problem is that they have non release bindings. Is this wise?

No, absolutely not. Skullie
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have some plastic play skis, will take those and put the grom blades on ebay.

Thanks for replies.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have some plastic play skis, will take those and put the grom blades on ebay.

Thanks for replies.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy