Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Val d'isere - ski lessons with Oxygene

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Val d'isere at the weekend. Have had to book my daughter in for lessons with Oxygene as Esprit didn't have space left in Sprites. I'm used to the Esprit Snow Rangers taking her to ski lessons so not sure what I need to do teh first morning. Do I take her to the Oxygene lesson meeting place or do we need to go the Oxygene office/shop first? Her lesson starts at 9:00am so just a bit worried if we need to go to the office first we won't have time. We've paid online so don't need to sort that. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Be nice, I'm new here! Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would suggest visiting their office the day before. From memory, most shops in Val d'Isere stay open until 7pm, some may stay open longer on transfer day. But visit them as early as you can. If you will not be able to visit the day before then you could email them and ask.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When you to get into the resort go to their office which is in the little shopping arcade opposite the "bus station" and ask them where they meet. I would assume on the nursery slopes because I wouldn't think hundreds of ski school pupils would be able to meet at their office and then get to the slopes on the bus. You can just phone them.

Here's their website:-

http://www.oxygene-ski.com/val-disere-adult-and-childrens-group-ski-lessons.htm

They normally meet by the Village chairlift but again check with the ski school. Make sure you can recognise their "signs" on the lollipop signs on the nursery slope and their ski jackets, there are at least 6 different mainstream ski schools in Val D. If in doubt ask any of the ski instructors they virtually all speak English (the ESF ones may not).

Do you know where your accommodation is? You may need to catch a free bus to the Rond Point (where buses terminate after the road tunnel under the nursery slopes) and ski down to the meeting point.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. We're going with Esprit and staying at Hotel Ducs Savoie. I can't work out where in Val the hotel is but have been told its central, just off the main drag. Is that quite close the Village chairlift?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've looked at the Esprit website to try and work out where your hotel is. Central can be a misleading description. I think your hotel is near the old church and therefore close to the nursery slopes.

When you arrive at your hotel take a walk to find the nursery slopes. The ski school lollipop signs will probably be in place between the "Village" and "Solaise Express" chairlifts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's really helpful, thanks. Hopefully on Sunday when we get there we'll have time to check things out. Last year all the flights were so delayed we didn't get into resort until 10:00pm and it was a nighmare rush the next day just getting the hire skis and boots for my daughter. But at least then we had snow rangers to help. I think this year as she's not in Sprites we'll be left to sort anything out.

I had emailed Oxygene but hadn't had a reply. Finally got my nerve up to ring them (thankfully they spoke English) and it is just the meeting point we need, not the office. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Esprit is one of 2 UK companies that I know of that provides child care for kids in Val.

I would have thought that Esprit should help you by ferrying the kids in minibuses to arrange their equipment hire when you arrive in resort even if you couldn't book into Sprites.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy