Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any live musak in Ischgl?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to kappl this weekend for a week's skiing with family und friends. Will head to ischgl at least one day to ski and sample the apres. Went to kuhstahl last year and thought it was ok but not as good as mooserwirt. Is there any decent live music on. If so where and what day?
Biss dann
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski, can't think of any live music. I'd recommend Nicki's Stadl which has its own particular brand of apres. Get yourself a place on the balcony to kick off before heading into the pit. You could even go past the Hotel Elizabeth on your way and enjoy some of the dancing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for niki's stadl. A very fun live performance by Niki and a great atmosphere
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pjd, yes live performance is a good way of describing it! Very Happy Really is a blast! I remember seeing him performing live from a basket suspended under a huge crane about 100 foot above the bar one spring...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nicki's stadl it is then - is that near the Kappl end of town - I'm sure the bus dropped us off near it last year. (Adding to my Apres cheese fest playlist as we speak Very Happy )
Thanks guys
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, I read your posts from last season and got the impression that you weren't as impressed with the apres in Ischgl as you were with St. Anton. Now I know why. The Kuhstall is rubbish, a large, very busy bar but from memory (I refuse to go there anymore) doesn't play a lot of apres music and is full of early to mid twenties boorish, drunken, German males - the sort of place you could very easily get into a fight, if you were so inclined. If you intend to drink that side of town go to the Trofana Alm which is massive, packed and great fun, cheese at its best, better in my view than the Moosewirt which I have been to. Nikki Stadll's is on the other side of town (on the Kappl side of town) and is superb. Unlike most of the apres ski bars it doesn't turn into a restaurant after the apres session is over - it simply plays a different type of music, the stuff you will hear at home and goes on all night. There's a warm up DJ before Nikki himself presides over the main event and he is very entertaining. He clearly does it for the love of it as he certainly doesn't need the money, not only does he own the bar but his family own the 4* hotel in which the bar is contained. The Kitzloch a few yards away is also very good.

As for live music there's a fair bit - Hotel Post, Royal Trofana Alm spring to mind but it doesn't get going until later on.

Have a great time, seven weeks and I'll be there.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am going to Ischgl on March 13th with the lads.(well i say lads but obviuosly we will be increasing the average age in Ischgl from mid twenties to mid forties )Toofy Grin .
How does Ischgl compare to say St Anton last year and Verbier in years gone by?

I found St Anton didnt compare as the clientele were more German/Scandis to lets say Verbier (more cosmopolitan mix IMO) in terms of good live music and lounge style bars but the Mooserwirt was good for a laugh on the first night but you cant do it every night as it gets a bit samey.

We thought we would have a change this year so any pointers on good mountain restos for a long lazy lunch,bars,clubs,apres dos and donts etc etc I know Austria has a charm of its own and the cheese fest music is an acquired taste(usually after a good few beers).

We are staying at Hotel Olympia so are fairly central I think?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In my experience ( have stayed at kappl with family last 2 years) the apres in ischgl must start later than St Anton. Went to kuhstahl last year and was ok. Went to feuer & eis this year and was ok. But thanks to others above I was pointed in direction of nikis stadl. Much better and more in line with the cheesefest I love.
Personally I prefer the apres of St Anton. Think ischgl lacks the 'character' of St Anton but have come to the conclusion that the piste skiing is better than that of St Anton.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy