Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OK so after much deliberation....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought the Salomon X-Wing Tornado Ti's......but seeing as that my Volkls are from a "heavier time" in my life I decided to come down a size from 173 to 166's....I'm 5'11 & just under 13 stone??

Have I done right???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No you have not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+2
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bit late to be asking. Are we +1ing AR6UK here? If so +3
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are they like snowblades?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dazman, I bought the Salomon X-Wing Tornado Ti PL this year having tested them last season. I'm 5'11 and 11 stone ... i'm on the 173's. Confused rolling eyes

+4
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Silly question I am sure - but does just 7 cms make that much difference

Judging by the responses it must make a big difference - but how differently will they handle
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
codyaitch, It's really more important how fat they are.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
codyaitch, The answer depends on the skiing ability of those using them Very Happy and varies from,

No none whatsoever! for a beginner,
to
Maybe shorter is ok?? possibly easier for an intermetiate
to
OMG these are way too short ! for a more expert skiier carving agressive turns on steep terrain.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Right hold on folks.....these skis aren't arriving to S+R in Dublin till next Thursday, I'm sure I have the possibility to change my order.

kevindonkleywood, I would be much closer to the last catagory than be classed as an intermediate....should I change?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dazman, (Way) too short. Change them for (at least) 173 - if not 177.

BTW.. I'm 10 stone, 5'6".. my 169s (Stocklis) feel about right - on the short side.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dazman, Give the guys in Dundrum a call and upgrade to the 173, Dan is the main man to talk to there and he should look after you really good guy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fattes13, I was dealing with Charlie (American dude....looks like he should be in a band?) and the wife bought her new Volkls from Niamh (I think??)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy