Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech accomodation April 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a party of 8 trying to sort out accomodation in Lech in April. If self catering there is the problem of cooking, washing up etc especially as there are several youngsters in the party. Has anyone any suggestions for budget eating out in Lech. ( if there is such a thing!). Are there any good supermarkets nearby? Alternatively, anyone had experience of any of the pensions with aview to cost of drinks etc.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jackfrost, there's a big Spar supermarket in Lech. Budget eating is not really the thing there, but there are some reasonably priced places - the pizza place near the church springs to mind.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lech is great.. but I cannot understand why a party of youngsters would prefer Lech over St. Anton... Don't you want to party?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that Red 27, there are 3 parents and 5 youngsters in our party, so I can see a rota of 3 for cooking washing up etc, think I might just eat Pizza all week!

With regard to Lech- St Anton, I skiied in Lech a couple of years ago and on one day we went over to St. Anton and went from pefect conditions in Lech to bare patches and slush in St Anton. Fully agree from an apres ski point of view St Anton would be the place, however as I will be paying the majority of the cost, it would gall me to have to spend the first hour of the day getting the party animals out of bed!

Would really prefer chalet accomodation but there doesnt appear to be much of that in Lech, and what there is is out of our budget. Do not want to go back to France for a while, going in April so probably needs to be high so any other suggestions?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jackfrost, Have you looked into Stuben? Ive stayed in Oberlech a couple of times (once with freinds and once with friends and kids) - absolutely fantastic but costs a lot of money. You MIGHT be able to get b&b for same price as apartment in Lech. Eating out in Stuben pretty reasonable BUT only one small shop that sells food. We stayed in Stuben 2 years ago with the family and I thought it was a good base to explore the whole area - skiable to St Anton and back and short bus to Zurs. Probably the best value resort in the Arlberg region with lift access. Also gets great snow - when we were there it pretty much snowed constantly for 3/4 days, whereas it wasn't snowing in St Anton for the same length of time - I reckon it gets twice as much snow as St Anton and on a par with Zurs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

3 parents and 5 youngsters in our party, so I can see a rota of 3 for cooking washing up etc

Puzzled jackfrost, how old are the youngsters? Are they disabled in some way? If they were mine, if they didn't wash up, they wouldn't eat. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jackfrost, I'd agree with boabski, that Stuben is worth a look. Its own ski area is relatively quiet with direct access to St Anton, and Zurs and Lech a short free bus ride away. Also, on foggy days, or for variety, its only a short bus ride down the hill to the Sonnenkopf area with its trees. Having stayed in both Lech and St Anton this is a much quieter option so may not impress young ones. We stayed at Willi's Pilsstuble which was relatively cheap, with hearty and tasty Austrian food and a great bar. Depending on when in April, I'd worry about deteriorating snow at resort level.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A few years ago we stayed at the Bergheim apartments and self-catered. We had 3 or 4 evening meals out and found the two supermarkets more than adequate for the rest of the meals. The Spar is quite close to the apartments and is slightly better value than the other one which is (I think) part of the Pfefferkorn in the centre. The apartments did have its own smallish restaurant I think. Bit of a walk to slopes/lifts but not a problem and there are buses or you can usually leave ski gear overnight in the hire shop.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jackfrost, If you do decide to go S/C, then the Solaria apartments in Davos might work for you. I've stayed there and they're roomy and decent and €65 a night. Davos is a good choice of resort for April too.

Just a thought
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all your help, will look into Stuben as it might be the answer. Stayed in Oberlech ourselves at the Pietersboden, as you said fabulous area but too dear with our party. As I said, at that time of year I would prefer a resort with a good snow record and I am sure the younger members of the party can find their own entertainment. If we stayed in Stuben they could possibly get out in St Anton for Apres ski or evening entertainment.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks also red 27, davos is somewhere we have not considered but will certainly look into.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy