Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smoking policy in Val d'isere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi first of all sorry to the non smokers for asking but i'm afraid i'm a smoker and would love to know if the smoking ban in France, Val especially is as it is in U.K or is it more relaxed, as in are there maybe sections for smokers in bars etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathyalltwen, well the bad news for smokers is that the ban is - rather surprisingly - very well observed in France, at least in the places I've been to. So wear your merino knickers so you can stand being outside in the freezing cold.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is in place and as far as I know enforced. I ski in France but don't frequent the bars much and haven't been to Val D since the ban so can't say specifically.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6319649.stm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Was afraid of that Sad I agree with it for the non smokers but i just wish us smokers has somewhere warm to smoke when out socializing rolling eyes
Layne, Ok and thank you for the link Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All French bars have a special section for smokers - it is called 'Outside'.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was quite amazed to find a "Cigar Room" in the hotel in Canazei (Dolomites) that we stayed in last week. Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Freddie Paellahead, You're Havana laugh, aren't you ? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
geepee, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geepee, groan rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cathyalltwen - mate of mine works out there and says that there are bars who have now got heated lamps near the entrance for the smokers outside. But the ban is exactly like in the UK, no smoking inside, if bars let you, they can loose their licence, as Val d'Isere is crawling in Gendarms they are not likely to try it on.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
saphronetasha, Heated lamps are fine Very Happy thank you
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Freddie Paellahead wrote:
Was quite amazed to find a "Cigar Room" in the hotel in Canazei (Dolomites) that we stayed in last week. Shocked

Technically possible under the law here as well, in fact one London club has one, but I can't recall which one at the mo, IFIRC it is for 'sampling' high cost cigars before purchase.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy