Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arcteryx atom hoody

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got one? Do you have the Lt or the Sv? I am looking to layer it under a Arcteryx stingray 3 layer goretex and wonder if the Sv will be too bulky and overkill.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a Sidewinder SV pro shell & the SV layer was defo too bulky when I tried it in the store. Bought a couple of Lt's (non hoody) & one of those with a thin base layer is perfect down to minus high teens after which I then add the other Lt from my backpack.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was looking at these the other day as well as I've been really cold skiing recently. They are very nice but very pricey, again would like to hear from anyone who has one, how warm are they? I don't know if I was looking at the LT or SV, it was £180 though Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the hooded version of the LT. It's very light and extremely warm for its weight so I only really use as a mid-layer, on the coldest days, under an Arcteryx Fury soft shell. I don't find the LT at all bulky under the top layer. I sometimes wear it as a top layer on warmer days over an Icebreaker T-shirt. They are expensive but do what they do very well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that; general advice so far seems to be that the sv would be too much as a mid layer, unless below -20C regularly. Hunt on the internet; Ultimate outdoors do the sv for £ 150 or so. It would go under my 3 year old Arcteryx stingray, a fantastic jacket which I have used for multisports, year round, from -40C in Canada to summer in the UK.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i have an atom LT and it is quite warm and not bulky at all. i have tried it at hemel and it is fine for -2 to -5 without an over shell havent used it yet under my sidewinder but i would think like spyderjon, would be great up to -20...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got a sv hoody for £150, Mrs got a lt same price; incredibly warm, windproof and light. Also does not overheat indoors, so very flexible. Cant fault it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy