Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has any body stayed at la brunerie at les deux alps.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is it any good for kids, apparently it was refurbished last year.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roughneck, think Snowdrop might have stayed there with kids last year, try a PM. Have you looked at Neilson's Hotel Aalborg, it is in a better location and the kids facilities are very good there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks good! I'm new on here, what is a PM? And how do I do one?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roughneck, welcome to Snowheads snowHead To send a PM private message you click on the 'send/read messages' bit on the top right Smile We stayed at the Aalborg last year with our 5 year old. Loads of kids, very good, good childcare if you need it, they use the European Ski School for the kids lessons very good, the nursery slopes are outside the door.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Roughneck, yes, I did stay there last March, as sarah said the European Ski School was very good, my kids had that school for 2 years running and were very happy with it, the nanny service was very good, adequate playroom with good methodical care,
the only thing I did not like about the childcare was that they would take the kids from the hotel and bring them back to the hotel, I was not able to pick the kids from the slope even though i was there when they finished skiing, but maybe that is a norm, that was the first time I used childcare,
of course, once in the hotel, the kids would not want to go back on the slope, a longish way back ... and the swimming pool was appealing ...

that was the main attraction for my kids in that hotel- the swimming pool, they were there every afternoon, not particularly clean or grand but they liked it,
the bar had a TV but we were meeting my skiing bunch about 6 at The Lutins so we did not stay at the bar much,
I have got a feeling that Aalborg is better quality hotel, La Brunerie was quite expensive for what it was Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does this help Roughneck, we stayed there over Christmas. Probably the first guests since the refurb. See here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1661156&highlight=brunerie#1661156

Be aware that there are two kids clubs, 1 is the international, the other is Crystal. Not sure how they determine who goes in what, but Jnr Hammer was in the International club. We got a letter part way through last year saying things had changed and the kids club arrangements had changed. It actually became more convenient for us. Although when we got there, there were concerns that the childcare staff didn't speak very good English, even though the majority of guest were British, and all the kids in the Int club at the time were British. They were also very disorganised, and didn't really have any activities for the kids (not so bad for Jnr as he was skiing all day). I think most of our problems with the childcare were just teething problems as it was their first week, I'm sure they're running a lot better now.

And anyway...... you might not be too fussed about childcare!

We found the food to be good, the packed lunch instead of afternoon tea was a nice touch. Bar prices on a par with the rest of town, decor and cleanliness was fine (always nice to have brand new bathroom!). Staff always want to help, and I'm guessing you'll be going with Crystal, the reps were very good at getting any of the teething problems sorted.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowdrop wrote ,
Quote:

the only thing I did not like about the childcare was that they would take the kids from the hotel and bring them back to the hotel, I was not able to pick the kids from the slope even though i was there when they finished skiing, but maybe that is a norm,

This is definitely an issue with Crystal childcare as we witnessed the same thing going on in Alpe d'Huez New Year week, if the kids are signed into childcare they can only be signed out from the childcare rooms. Our kids were not in childcare but we saw this happening when picking them up from ski school one of the mums wanted to take her daughter for lunch and then ski with her, she had to walk all the way back to the hotel to sign the child out and all the way back to join her family.

I have used elements of Neilson, Esprit and Snowbizz childcare in the past and with all three have been able to sign out during an activity as the staff had registers and sign in/out sheets on them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've had this problem before too sarah, luckily now Jnr is of an age and good enough standard skiing (i.e. he doesn't get tired) that we won't need kids club anymore so will just drop him off for lessons ourselves, then ski with him when not in lessons.

The Int Kids Club at Brunerie weren't even bothering with signing for kids at first, it took until the 3rd day for them to ask if he had any allergies, and whether we'd give medical consent in case of an accident (we'd left all his details on a card in the inside pocket of his jacket though just in case).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sarah, that's standard procedure with Crystal, and a pain in the bum for parents. They could get round it fairly easily, but they tend to take a lowest common denominator approach to their staff and won't trust them with anything which isn't so simple a monkey could do it. (Mind you, they might have a point when it comes to the nannies. Laughing )

I saw a parent have this argument with a Crystal rep last year - eventually he just picked his anklebiter up and walked off with it. Hilarious. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard wrote:
I saw a parent have this argument with a Crystal rep last year - eventually he just picked his anklebiter up and walked off with it. Hilarious. Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing I would have done too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sarah wrote:
Lizzard wrote:

Laughing Laughing I would have done too.

well, frankly, I wanted to do that too but i did not want the kids to be "thrown out " of the care the following day rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy