Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee - Apres ski recommendations!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of 5 of us are off to Saas Fee at the end of February for 10 days. Having never been before we are keen to find out some eating and drinking hotspots before we go!

Can anyone recommend any restaurants/bars/pubs we should try out while we're there?

Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought Saas Fee was surprisingly lively when I was there a couple of years ago. Best time was between about 16h and 18h when a couple of bars that spillout onto the street near the nursery slopes are at full throttle. We enjoyed one of these in particular - the Black Bull. A glorified garden shed really butit pumps out loud German europop and is great fun. Later in the evening we spent time at a pubby place witha long but very narrowbar area - I think itmight have been Nestis - again v good and lively. We tried - not v hard - to find the Poison club but gave up. I'd be interested to hear what that's like if anyone has been there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apres is fab. Can't miss it down the main road where the electric bus/train stops just over the bridge. Several bars to choose from.

Two mountain restaurants are worth at least one stop. One is up the Vernissage which is up the Plattjen side. Down the red run to the right. And the other is the Gletsher Grotte, off of the blue run 4b? Keep to the left and there's a run in through the trees.

I found the poison Bar. We stumbled across it on a walk looking for the Metro Bar. A little board outside, door facing sidewards which led down some stairs in near darkness then through a door at the bottom and your in. Was ok. Popcorn Bar is ok too. I would say the apres far out ways the night time stuff.

The village was lovely and had a great time due to the atmosphere.

If the conditions are ok and not slushy then I would recommend the toboggan run at the top of the Hanning. We did it with the TO and had a gluwein and strudel at the restaurant at the top. Great fun Very Happy

Have a nice time
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the Black Bull, it is most people's idea of a classic apres place, especially in good weather. Very close to slopes, loud music, lots of people, you really cant miss it unless you are profoundly deficient in sight and hearing. Try not to get tempted into buying a metre of vodka and red bull, or worse, several. Don't ask me how I know this.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Kuhstall gets my vote, followed by the Popcorn bar
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to Saas Fee in December 2006, can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at, but Nesti's Bar was underneath it and was really good for apres. Very busy, good atmosphere and friendly bar staff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wicked! Thanks all for your recommendations - we shall definitely try a few of those places out but I will indeed be keeping well away from that metre of Vodka and Redbull!! That sounds lethal but also... very nice! One of those and I'd want more, eek!

Also, does anyone know if any of these places have a 'Happy Hour'?

thanks again Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can't remember. I was too happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't recall a happy hour!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lgillon8477, Hotel is Cristiana!

lgillon8477, Agree with all of the above

Off the lift and straight to the Black Bull

From 6-8 The Metro Bar and Nestis are the best choices.

Late Late Show - Popcorn or Poision at the weekend.

Food Vernissage & Gletsher Grotte are both super if not a little pricy!!!

There is a Popcorn Light right up the top and off to the left near the long T Bar which is not a bad coffee stop and the Morina is good to on the hill

In the Town Don Chicios - Seriously do not miss this place it is past the metro bar further up the town but the best Italian you will ever have

There is also a place called Bodman a little out of town it is like a mini zoo but has cracking food and novelty factor as it has its own Camels and Lamas
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy