Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas - andorra 2nd jan -9th jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya ppl, not really posted one of these before, but thought id give it a try, hope it doesnt suck too bad!!

Unfortunately the last dump before we arrived was 24th dec, so wasnt expected great slopes, but to be fair, the piste bashers had been doing a good job keeping the lower runs in pas pretty good! 3 new skiers with me this trip and all had a blast, great tuition had them blasting down reds by thursday, mostly on there feet!! Wink

The snow held up pretty much all week, a bit icy first thing, and the lowers runs were getting a bit thin and narrow with heavy ice on the outer edges as you'd expect, but at the top it was great! we skied over to soldeu a couple of times, getting there wasnt too bad either as grei roug was probably the best snow on the mountain, but the lower runs in soldeu where getting bad, and we were told they were not ski-able to the bottom, so didnt really try.

The bit im sure anyone reading this will be did it snow at all???????????

Well as we left sunday morning 5am, it was starting to fall!! woohoo!!! probably only an inch or 2 but as it rained all the way in to toullouse i am hopeful they had a good amount for this week!

Well anywho, we all had a blast, pas is great and milwaukee bar rules!!! lol

ohh the little french dude touting for the restuarant across and slightly down from milwaukee was great, and the food brilliant! try the fillet of beef! Wink

Happy skiing all, and catch you on the flip side Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for that. We're heading out 23rd Jan so hopefully it gets a bit colder/snowier before then, although looking at the forecast it seems to be going tropical next week!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the update,heading to El Tartar on the 21st so hopefully some snow before then.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks ever so much for posting this, a group of us are off to Pas for a week on Sunday 16th - 23rd Jan, so this is definitely welcome news.

I had a feeling Grau Roig would still be pretty good.

Is Milwaukee the sports bar with the big back room?

If you don't mind me asking - Did you travel with a Tour Operator? Where did you stay?

Checking the webcams it looks like they've had a good dump over the last couple of days; though the forecast doesn't show a lot more snow next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Grim.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hiya grim,

we stayed in crest pas appartments, 7 in an 8 persons room over 2floors, was ok, clean, warm, but showers were a joke! lol
we travelled with neilson, overall very good, no real problems tbh.

yea milkwaukee is the bar with the room at the back, happy hour every day 5-7pm 2-4-1 on everything! was good!!

it was good for me, but i guess it will be great for you! Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ooh paddys bar does 1.75 euro's a pint 4-5pm aswell. but its tiny and there isnt much seating. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for replying alexsam97!

We were in the crest pas and travelled with Neilson last year, we thought it was a pretty decent hotel, even if they did nick my towel (but that's a whole nother' story)

Hell, even if there's a heatwave out there this week, at least we're covered on the bar and drinks front! Cheers for the info and glad to hear you had a good one!

Grim.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going Pas for first time on March 6th and wondering if anybody has got any good info about the place ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey there Salmon, where are you staying?

I just got back from 7 nights boarding, we stayed in the Frontera Blanca apartments (with Inghams) which were only 2 star but pretty great!

heres a few bits to get your head round:

Boozeage:

Milwaukee - quality sports bar,
Underground - all sorts of random shots and some good music,
Paddy's - quite small but a good laugh, I think there was footy on as well,
Marseille bar - good fun, bunny girls (don't pull their tails though - they don't like it wink ), they also set the bar alight and do jelly shots
Bilbord - a club that you'll probably end up in, good music.

I'd suggest going on some of the events set up by your rep (if you're going with a tour operator) the nights we were offered this year were similar to what we were offered last year with Neilson.

Sunday - arrive, not much going on.
Monday - bar crawl - DO NOT MISS THIS - awesome night! well the 50% I remember
Tuesday - we cleared our hangovers by going on the free guided day round the ski area, definitely worth the £0 we paid! I think there was a quiz in Milwaukee we missed this evening.
Wednesday - I think there was another event on this evening that I can't remember?
Thursday - Hypnotist night in Milwaukee, followed by a free bar in bilbord - quality entertainment! Even better if like me, your mate gets hypnotised! didn't really take advantage of the free bar though, as it had just started snowing (after none since we'd got there) and we wanted a full day on the slopes the next day - If I remember rightly there was a live covers band on as well which were great.
Friday - Rib shack night and free bar, we didn't bother this year as weren't impressed last year. It was fun, but not great, eat ribs while getting served beers by the reps, also drinking games are involved (left hand drinking etc)

Foodage:

La Capo - does a bit of everything (ribs weren't great) but apparently the pizza was

La Perla Negra - slow service, and quite expensive but great food. Unlimited ribs for 14.90 euros. Also it's decked out in a pirates of the caribbean theme.

Pas 83 - down one side of the piste, this place does a brilliant fry up! I personally recommend a pint of orange to fight off scurvy and a sausage sandwich (about 8-9 euros), but a friend of mine swears by the mega breakfast (about 8-9 euros) + a coke. I probably shouldn't tell you this but their Wi-fi code is 83838383 - enjoy!

Burger King - pretty much the same as the UK

There is a Spar a little ways down from Milwaukee which we used all of the time we were there last year, this does most of the essentials, though you can try shopping around a bit for your food and beer as we did this year. Try Fran per (I think that's what it's called - it's on a corner), The meat at the front of the store smells like wet dog, but once you go further in it's pretty cheap. We got bottles of jagermeister for 10 euros. If you're daring you can get a bottle of 96% booze for something like 3 euros! Also my brand of cigs (JPS Menthol) were 17.85 euros, which is dirt cheap.

Pisteage:

For the first half of the week we were there the snow conditions were pretty poo, but by the latter part of the week it was dumping it down, fresh powder all over the place!

Pas - there's quite a big ski area, however it's mostly pretty tame. If you get the lift on the far left (looking up the slope from the pas starting lifts) past the magic carpet, you'll find quite a good park, rails, kickers and rollers etc. Theres another freestyle park to the right of the middle lift down the main run which is pretty basic, but nice nonetheless. My favourite run is on the far right of the pas area - to get to it you have to get the solana lift up, then board down to another lift (further to your right) - once at the top follow the long flat to the right all the way to the end, the run will then curl to the left then to the right and you'll be on quite a steep but wide slope that generally has some good snow.

Pas's ski area is all well and good, but i'd thoroughly recommend you get exploring, to start with get yourself straight over to Grau Roig, the area just past Pas, there are some lovely open runs to enjoy.

I don't have the energy to go into it all the great runs at the moment and honestly, half the fun is finding them yourself. Do the guided day and you'll find loads.

If you've got any specific questions give me a shout.

I hope you have as great a time as we did!

Grim.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
grimmy wrote:
Hey there Salmon, where are you staying?

I just got back from 7 nights boarding, we stayed in the Frontera Blanca apartments (with Inghams) which were only 2 star but pretty great!

heres a few bits to get your head round:

Boozeage:

Milwaukee - quality sports bar,
Underground - all sorts of random shots and some good music,
Paddy's - quite small but a good laugh, I think there was footy on as well,
Marseille bar - good fun, bunny girls (don't pull their tails though - they don't like it wink ), they also set the bar alight and do jelly shots
Bilbord - a club that you'll probably end up in, good music.

I'd suggest going on some of the events set up by your rep (if you're going with a tour operator) the nights we were offered this year were similar to what we were offered last year with Neilson.

Sunday - arrive, not much going on.
Monday - bar crawl - DO NOT MISS THIS - awesome night! well the 50% I remember
Tuesday - we cleared our hangovers by going on the free guided day round the ski area, definitely worth the £0 we paid! I think there was a quiz in Milwaukee we missed this evening.
Wednesday - I think there was another event on this evening that I can't remember?
Thursday - Hypnotist night in Milwaukee, followed by a free bar in bilbord - quality entertainment! Even better if like me, your mate gets hypnotised! didn't really take advantage of the free bar though, as it had just started snowing (after none since we'd got there) and we wanted a full day on the slopes the next day - If I remember rightly there was a live covers band on as well which were great.
Friday - Rib shack night and free bar, we didn't bother this year as weren't impressed last year. It was fun, but not great, eat ribs while getting served beers by the reps, also drinking games are involved (left hand drinking etc)

Foodage:

La Capo - does a bit of everything (ribs weren't great) but apparently the pizza was

La Perla Negra - slow service, and quite expensive but great food. Unlimited ribs for 14.90 euros. Also it's decked out in a pirates of the caribbean theme.

Pas 83 - down one side of the piste, this place does a brilliant fry up! I personally recommend a pint of orange to fight off scurvy and a sausage sandwich (about 8-9 euros), but a friend of mine swears by the mega breakfast (about 8-9 euros) + a coke. I probably shouldn't tell you this but their Wi-fi code is 83838383 - enjoy!

Burger King - pretty much the same as the UK

There is a Spar a little ways down from Milwaukee which we used all of the time we were there last year, this does most of the essentials, though you can try shopping around a bit for your food and beer as we did this year. Try Fran per (I think that's what it's called - it's on a corner), The meat at the front of the store smells like wet dog, but once you go further in it's pretty cheap. We got bottles of jagermeister for 10 euros. If you're daring you can get a bottle of 96% booze for something like 3 euros! Also my brand of cigs (JPS Menthol) were 17.85 euros, which is dirt cheap.

Pisteage:

For the first half of the week we were there the snow conditions were pretty poo, but by the latter part of the week it was dumping it down, fresh powder all over the place!

Pas - there's quite a big ski area, however it's mostly pretty tame. If you get the lift on the far left (looking up the slope from the pas starting lifts) past the magic carpet, you'll find quite a good park, rails, kickers and rollers etc. Theres another freestyle park to the right of the middle lift down the main run which is pretty basic, but nice nonetheless. My favourite run is on the far right of the pas area - to get to it you have to get the solana lift up, then board down to another lift (further to your right) - once at the top follow the long flat to the right all the way to the end, the run will then curl to the left then to the right and you'll be on quite a steep but wide slope that generally has some good snow.

Pas's ski area is all well and good, but i'd thoroughly recommend you get exploring, to start with get yourself straight over to Grau Roig, the area just past Pas, there are some lovely open runs to enjoy.

I don't have the energy to go into it all the great runs at the moment and honestly, half the fun is finding them yourself. Do the guided day and you'll find loads.

If you've got any specific questions give me a shout.

I hope you have as great a time as we did!

Grim.
Hi Grim.
Many thanks for all your info i'll forward it on to the other guys that are going.
Cheers mate Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No probs at all matey! Hopefully, if it doesn't make sense now, it will once you get there!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Grimmy.
One more thing, is it right wot ive heard that the male /female ratio is 15-1 over there ? Sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe you should try spawning up stream..... wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
salmon wrote:
Hi Grimmy.
One more thing, is it right wot ive heard that the male /female ratio is 15-1 over there ? Sad

Har! Yup, unfortunately (for me at least being a hetrosexual guy) it is a bit dude-soup or saus-fest over there, I even hear it referred to as Mandorra at one point!

A couple of the guys we were chummy with had pulled though, although one was pretending to be a pro boarder to do so!

good luck matey!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are going Pas on 6th March n would be interested to here how the snows doing over there at the moment ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy