Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On/off piste ski length

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks. Hoping for a bit of advice. I've been skiing about 7 years although I only ski about 8 - 10 days per year, so I guess I'm an improving intermediate. I'm happy on most pisted stuff including some blacks and quite enjoy picking my way down steep stuff, through moguls and such. I've started venturing off piste more and have really enjoyed it, but my old Atomic C9s seem too narrow underfoot and not really up for the job (no doubt my technique is laughable too). I'm a bit skint and am looking for a single ski that will work on and off piste for someone reasonably confident but of decidedly moderate ability. I'd say I'd be on piste 70% and the rest off.

I used some Dynastar Legend 8000s a year back and quite enjoyed them but felt I had to work them very hard - probably too good for me. I've been offered a cheap pair of Legend 4800s in good nick. I'm 5' 11" and 165lb. 48 yrs old and like to ski hard as i can while remaining in control. The Legend 4800s are 178cm. I'm concerned they might be a little long as I'm not very heavy despite my beer habit : ). Any thoughts? I can't try them out unfortunately. I gather the Dynastar Sultan 80 (172 cm?) might be a good option for me too, but can't find any that I can afford at present.

Any thoughts on good ski options welcome - preferably some thing a couple of years old that I might find second hand.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonthefish, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

The Dynastar 4800 replaced the Intuitive 74 which was a very well respected veratile all-rounder, sold as a 50/50 on/off-piste ski.
The 4800 should do pretty much all you ask it to do. You should find them easier to ski than the 8000's.
178cm is the right length for you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Spyderman - I'll maybe give them a go. A bit of tuition would no doubt help too if the wallet will stretch.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy