Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British drunken people in skiing at La Plagne / Les Arc (France) 2011

Poster: A snowHead
I just stumbled upon this on you tube.... I cannot think why the Brits have a bad reputation abroad.......

http://youtube.com/v/KFasdIcjZ4E

Oh dear, i'm there next week.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Libertine, I see this has now been removed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I see this has now been removed

Perhaps they were ashamed of themselves? You never know.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm, and like the Brits are the only nation to ski whilst drunk? rolling eyes Getting a bit fed up with Brit bashing on this topic. I've seen lots of other nationalities esp, Dutch, German and yes French pis*ed up on the slopes. Give us a break eh rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, see clique thread under 'Brit-Haters'
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Libertine, I see this has now been removed

still on there?

http://youtube.com/v/9VFpSmXPzbc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't see anyone skiing or indeed anyone drinking or empty bottles etc in that clip Confused Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing,
Quote:

I don't see anyone skiing
I was thinking that but, there again, they'll have had to ski down from that place wouldn't they?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
See the rep, bottom left at about 1:39? That lot are Wasteland, OTP or some such. More a getting pissed holiday than a ski trip.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its no fun at all,,, just patetic idiots
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Young people acting daft and having fun? What a non-news event.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Young people acting daft and having fun?

ccl, What fun with this,, is to make bad reputation for english people,, kids of neanderthaler
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not pretty but pretty stupid if they put there skis on to get back down the mountain.

Halfhand, I'm with you on the Brit-bashing thing. We always seem to get picked on but just look at the amount of German and Dutch videos on Youtube of people that can literally not stand up trying to clip into their bindings outside the Mooserwirt in St Anton, is one example. The Russians are possibly even worse......
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IM FAMOUS!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, if its U,,, Just a big IDIOT
snow conditions
In France last Easter, there were a group of French lads who were completely steamed at the top of Les Arcs - so not just the Brits.

But to put this in perspective - these are still isolated incidents most people behave themselves and act sensibly.
snow conditions
I dont understand why anyone would get drunk when there is still time time to ski. Shock
ski holidays
Boris, Brits; scandies and Russian are in majorites,, its not happens alot that you see french like this
snow conditions
Circusthing, I complet agree with you,,
ski holidays
freeheelskier, chill, it isnt me!!!
snow conditions
Quote:

I dont understand why anyone would get drunk when there is still time time to ski

Right. If they stayed home they could get drunk much more cheaply.
ski holidays
Southerners letting the country down Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Quote:

Circusthing
user
Location: South WalesI dont understand why anyone would get drunk when there is still time time to ski

They look fairly harmless to me, but i am with you on this, these kids could go to ibiza gto do that. i wait all year for the buzz of the decent on my board, the whole week goes so quickly i dont want to miss anything by spending time pissed up. maybe i am showing my age but a few pints at 5pm and a few bottles or red with the lads at night and bed by 12 is all I need. A clear head to be on my game in the morning Very Happy
snow report
mheadbee, if you have a clear head after a few pints and a few bottles of wine I don't think you need to be worrying about your age. wink
ski holidays
Pfff just students and theyre doing the dizzy spins thing- whats so exciting?
snow report
My wife had an accident last year and broke her hip, first checks the insurance wanted was of alcohol involvement, having said that, who's to know from that clip that that particular group would have continued to ski down or just downloaded on a lift, to me doesn't matter about nationality, if they did ski down in that state, then they should have their lift passes confiscated
ski holidays
Bartezki,
Quote:

they should have their lift passes confiscated

I have seen in Mammoth Mountain, Carlifonia that skipatrul have confiscated skipasses, and after that the police waiting a little downside the parking,,, great work
latest report
maybe that was their mountain side chalet and they were staying there and had been responsible and returned there to have some fun ?

at the end most did not seem p7ssed at all !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

at the end most did not seem p7ssed at all !

Quite, watch it again there is no evidence of drink in that clip, plus it looks like it is filmed from a chalet balcony so possibly they have finished skiing for the day!
ski holidays
Obviously no problem if they didn't ski down. A fairly unattractive sight, but that's hardly uncommon on the slopes. wink
snow report
Hmmm, it's chalet staff day off again?!? rolling eyes

What's with all the pink neon fartbags, is the footage 25 years old or are they wearing them for a laugh?
ski holidays
Affectionately 'onesies,' they seem to have entered the first stage of coming back into fashion by being worn ironically.
latest report
Probably Medical Students. Laughing
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
Probably Medical Students. Laughing

or Medical reps wink
snow conditions
looks like versity hijinks..and not really effecting anyone else. Polish that have to have a bottle of vodka between them at teh top of each lift and then procceed to skittle down each slope concern me more.
latest report
The most drunk person I have seen ski ing for in Les Carroz as he tried to stay on the ski lift at the top. He was French
latest report
The Germans just have more class & style Very Happy

http://www.vimeo.com/18620256
snow conditions
Quote:

He was French

chrisb, I live in france, but I have seen more drunk english then french Smile
ski holidays
No problem with the above la plagne video at all, just a bit of horseplay.

This video however brings more shame to the brits abroad and not a drink in sight

http://youtube.com/v/yQB2nl3S2zU

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 11-01-11 5:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
. This video however brings more shame to the brits abroad and not a drink in sight
[/quote]
]this is criminal,, not fun at all,, I feel real sorry for the most english people that are comlete normal,, we had this problem wit swedish young people in the alps late 70th early 80th, but ist alot more better, even if there is some, that not had to be born at all,,,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy