Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mini TR - Whistle Stop Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arno made his annual "in-law family pilgrimage" to the west coast with perfect timing. We now have 4 consecutive seasons in 4 different ski resorts ticked off.

January 2nd we hooked up with a maggot that Arno skied with the day before for a day tour. Conditions were brilliant: bluebird, fresh and great snow. I forgot my P&S camera and glad I didn't drag the DSLR out to where we went. Sadly a miss-communication with the guy we were skiing with and two other "bro / brahs" that we tagged along with meant not so much skiing, lots of skinning. We did make some downhill turns in the end, sadly the sun had set at 4.20pm and we didn't start skiing until 5.20pm. We got back to the car at 6.45pm, head torch ski descents, love 'em. Arno might have a photo or two.

January 7th. With 50cm in the last 48 hours we hooked up for Arno's last day in Whistler this winter(?). It was raining hard at the base with a freezing level around 900m, good snow fall higher up. The snow was stupid good, we made a few lucky calls with lifts. Most of the day was snowing but the skies did clear a couple of times so we only managed a couple of photos, the rest of the time you would need a thermal camera to prove their were life forms in the white room.

CBC Trees

The fashion kids get ready for fluffy kittens:

Arno makes the enjoy:

Veru wants some too:

Somewhere else, near 7th Heaven

Check out my tips:

Ooops, my mind wondered:

He's behind you!

I've got great tips too:

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno's really getting into the smurf look too!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sweet; did you get on his Wailers?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
here are a few from the backcountry sufferfest:

little did we know we would be retracing these steps an hour or so later

the high point was the snowy peak, centre left

scoping another possible exit... which did not go

parlor tries to keep cheery in the last of daylight with another 40mins skinning to go:

and here's one of me catskiing which was altogether more hedonistic Cool

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks great Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scotia, does it not?! Very Happy I'm going to be in Whistler next month, would that I could ski well enough to have that sort of outing. Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for the updates Laughing 3 weeks and 12 hours give or take time distance i will be strapping on the skis in whistler - woohoo! keep em comin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did you take the 112's Arno? If so how were they?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clarky999, yep - love em. took them plus my 120s and skied on the 112s every day except for the cat skiing when i got the 120s out

the 112s are just a great fun everyday ski. the tip and tail rocker make them a hoot in soft snow and the 19m-ish sidecut plus incredible torsional stiffness make them great fun to carve when you get on hardpack
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy