Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Would like a quick resume of Cervinia ski and village.

Looking to go Feb 1/2 term maybe?

Thanks all in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try using the 'search' facility. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mollerski wrote:
Try using the 'search' facility. Madeye-Smiley

Yeh posts go back a bit, looking for here and now ski / conditions etc

Anyone stayed in Hotel Des Guides B&B. Are there plenty of eateries for evenings?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a 'Cervinia info' thread currently active.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went to Cervinia a couple of years ago. It is a pretty big area, with lots of good runs - mainly blue and red. Not really any tree runs unfortunately, but what that means of course is that it is high up, and the snow cover is excellent. There is also a really good park, called Indian Park. If you search for it on You Tube you will see some vids to give you an idea what its like.

If you get the area lift pass, which covers Zermatt as well, you get a whole lot more ski area, and some nice tree runs lower down near Zermatt village. I would say its worth the extra cash.

In Cervinia, the hotels seem to be mainly half board, and as a result, there are not a huge selection of restaurants. There would be enough for a weeks holiday, but not much longer. There is a reasonable selection of bars, a supermarket etc.

Overall, I would say that if you are looking for a good ski area, which is snow sure, and are not that bothered about wild apres ski, its a good choice. You can check out a decent review on www.europeansnowboardresortguide.co.uk
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

here and now ski / conditions

If you're not going till half term "here and now" snow conditions are completely and utterly irrelevant, RetroBod.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh dear.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RetroBod, I've stayed at the Hotel Des Guides. There probably isn't a more central location in town. It's got it's own decent (but quiet) bar. You can ski to the back door, dump the planks and head over to the Copa Pan opposite for chilled apres; small place, friendly crowd, 241 around 4ish. Dragon bar popular for apres but we found it too full of kids. There are numerous restaurants within 5 minutes walk (bit vague on names, sorry), decent and reasonable pizza and pasta joints, and a very good steak place. A club is in a side street almost opposite the hotel. Difficult not to have a good holiday there, to be honest.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
been a few times , and due to it being very open ( no tree runs ) there allways seems to be a lot of wind, which shuts the lifts alot,

the big car to zermatt, didnt open the entire week we was there, so couldn't do that 20KM + run down to Valtournenche

Had one day where the all the lifts were shut all day, tho after a few hours of waiting, we battled to get on a bus, and got an afternoons skiing in Valtournenche, then got stuck there with everyone stealing our taxis to get back!

the next days weather didnt look great, so booked to go pila for the day, which was ok, and made better when we found no lifts opened again.

That ordeal put us off cervinia, so much, i found a deal there for 3 weeks time, but will give it a miss, possibly meaning no skiing for me in 2011 !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok cutting the options down now ....... any views on Hotel Marmore / Furggen in Cervinia?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cervinia is somewhere you do a day trip from Zermatt and wish you hadn't bothered, not somewhere you'd go for a week's holiday.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thats blown it!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RetroBod,
Will let you know on Hotel Marmore & Cervinia when I get back; am there from this Sunday for a week Very Happy
Mitch
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RetroBod,
Some pretty good info on ski club of GB reviews; doesnt seem too popular on this thread but have found plenty of people that 'rate' it.
Mitch
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Mitch,

Looks cold for you maybe some snow showers Wed / Thurs?

Have a great week.

Are you actully staying in Marmore?
ski holidays
RetroBod,
Have been following the 'weather ' thread with great interest & was getting worried at the earlier warm spell but that seems to be giving way to colder conditions thankfully.
Yes, am staying at Marmore & hopefully the trip advisor reports are accurate .
Cant wait; if I was anymore excited I think I'd burst snowHead
Mitch
snow conditions
Plenty of long, long cruisy blues. Fantastic if carving is your thing. Zermatt worth the trip if weather permits. You must have lunch at the Etoile on at least one day. (Not stayed in the village - only popped over from Zermatt.)
snow conditions
Stay in Zermatt instead ! More fab places to eat and great runs than you can shake a skipole at, and you can ski on the Cervinia side in the morning when it's all lit up and the Zermatt side is dark. Some very nice long runs on cervinia side. Also they do this awesome italian hot chocolate with cornflour yum yum. Service culture is abysmal though, compared to Zermatt. Lots of affordable apartments and hotel garnis (b&b)
ski holidays
Stayed in Guides last year. Basic and comfortable. Breakfast simple. Evenings peaceful. Plenty of choice for places to eat in evening, although I felt a little over priced.
Skiing area vast providing weather ok. Had one difficult day in early January last year, rest of time really good. Can be quite cold. Lifts fast and covered (mainly). Mountain restaurants good.
Skied as often as possible in Zermatt, great fun.
Cervinia may not be popular with some here but there are places I have gone that are not as good.
snow report
Arctic Fox,
Sounding pretty good; weather forecast shaping up pretty well for next week & the wind speed looks very low so going to/from Zermatt should be no problems; happy days snowHead
Mitch
latest report
Mollerski wrote:

... and now there are 2
snow conditions
smithski wrote:
Mollerski wrote:

... and now there are 2

Link?
latest report
I had a great week there,Zermatt run was fab as was the long open sweeping run down to Valtournanche.
Great, easy skiing if the weather is good,but that goes for most high resorts.I would go back.
Enjoy !
Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy