Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pitztal glacier and jerzens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone skied this area? I have trawled the net and cannot figure out if its possible to ski or lift ride from jerzens which is small village (i think) near the glacier. its impossible to figure from the maps. maybe jerzens and pitztal are the same mountain?? looking for a small resort for next xmas for a group. is jerzens a nice village or would we be better off staying in one of the other villages. picked jerzens as its just a bit higher up, 1450m ish.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
creedgearoid, try looking here

http://www.bergfex.com/hochzeiger/

Hochzeiger is the name of the area including Piztal Glacier. You have difficulty finding some where as Christmas Day is the Sunday and unless you do a 2-weeker, you may find that a lot of the hotels in smaller places with good skiing are already booked up with regulars.

Piztal Glacier is a very relatively small area with some good skiing but in early season it is often only partially open due to it copping quite a lot of wind.

Take a look at Sölden in the same area - 2 glaciers and prices before Christmas are usually OK.

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samerberg Sue, thanks for the info. solden would be great but I was advised to go for a small non linked resort for that week as the slopes (and bars)would be quieter. from that map it seems there is only one ski area and from other maps it looks like there are 2? hoichzeiger being one and the pitzal glacier being the second. cannot see if they are linked. will prob have to quit the idea of sking xmas week as prices are bollistic for accom. katschberg looked ideal as its 1600m high with a handy few slopes, but accom £££££££! wow
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy