Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone bought from Snow Togs in Southampton?

Poster: A snowHead
Have just discovered what appears to be a bona fide ski shop, with a decent range, on my doorstep. In all my Googling I've never come across it before. (http://www.skishops.co.uk/)

Anyone bought skis and/or boots from them, or had them serviced?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't speak for the one is Southampton but the Bournemouth branch has always been friendly and give good advice
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been a customer of Snow Togs in Soton. Long time ago though, around 1985. Good to see they are still in biz from the same shop.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bought from them once a few years ago. Shall we just say they refused a refund and I have never been back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used them for years, great ski service and good prices highly recommend them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
First ski shop I ever set foot in. Friendly and helpful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went there a few years ago (probably shortly after the original post) and wasn't that impressed with the service.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I bought my first boots from them in about 1992 Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Simply amazed they are still in business, often the shutters are down, so I guess only open at peak times perhaps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HoneyBunny wrote:
Yes, I bought my first boots from them in about 1992 Laughing Laughing

Which isnt too far off the age of the original post Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Bought from them once a few years ago. Shall we just say they refused a refund and I have never been back.

Why bump the thread? Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Why bump the thread?

Why are you asking Boredsurfing? Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bloody good question that. Not one I can answer without admitting to being stupid.

bigtwinthing wrote:
I've used them for years, great ski service and good prices highly recommend them.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bought my first boots from there, terrible fitting, didn't even fit (complete agony). One of the 4/5 times I went back it was a new guy, he started to ask who put me in them and when I told him they did, he just clammed up.

The manager actually told me they hadn't even stretched some boots when returned for stretching, thinks most of it is in the mind. Said she didn't come back, I wonder why. I haven't after that.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Legend. wrote:
Bloody good question that. Not one I can answer without admitting to being stupid.

bigtwinthing wrote:

Why not? The shop's still open, the question's still relevant, and apparently people still have interesting things to say about it.

[Apologies for rising to my pet peeve on this forum which is people complaining about bumping threads when in fact it's much more useful (IMO obviously) to have info all in one place instead of scattered around. Funny how there's always complaints about people not searching the forum before asking, and yet when people do search and inevitably find relevant but old threads then they get moaned at for bumping them (when they probably didn't even notice the date, especially if it's a new poster). Anyway, rant over wink]
snow report
Makes me suspicious that it's someone who has a vested interest in it. You or I do not know why hence the question.
latest report
Anyone have any more up to date info/opinions? It’s on my doorstep so very convenient - my dad bought boots from there over 30 years ago and reckoned they were good but any additional more up to date opinions would be welcome!
ski holidays
They looked open the last time I drove by
snow report
Some quality thread necromancy going on here, but kudos to any physical ski shop thats stayed in business for this long.
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, Indeed!
snow togs is certainly open but check their website for when! Can't speak about their boot fitting but have bought ski's and had bindings mounted there - no problems at all. https://skishops.co.uk/wp-content/cache/all/index.html
snow report
@Cupofteaplease,I asked the ski tech at Southampton dry slope. He buys his boots direct from Salomon and goes to Snow Togs to get them fitted. He says the fitting has always been fine. The range isn't great and the clothing is at the expensive end of the price range. He has no problem recommending them for boots and skis. They don't do any boarding equipment.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy