Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing near the Swiss A9 Motorway - which resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to do a single days skiing in close proximity to the A9 motorway in the Valais, Switzerland (need to be near Villeneuve/Montraux).

I've identified Leysin, Villars, Morgin and Torgon as potential resorts but there may be others (Champery etc). Which resort is quickest (drive) from the motorway and which is best for a days full-on skiing?

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1556garyt, Villars is a great place for a days skiing, but if you are looking for a proper days skiing with off piste and the conditions are right I'd bash on to Verbier, about another 3/4 hours drive via Martigny. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I would second Villars which has plenty of off piste (but not as good as Verbier). Leysin is smaller and a bit further.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29, thanks - we stay in Nendaz (just about connected with Verbier) so am looking for somewhere a bit further down the road... Obviously if the conditions are really "right" we'll be staying local....

Is Villars nearer to the motorway then Leysin? What about the PduS side of the valley?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29, thanks - we stay in Nendaz (just about connected with Verbier) so am looking for somewhere a bit further down the road... Obviously if the conditions are really "right" we'll be staying local....

Is Villars nearer to the motorway then Leysin? What about the PduS side of the valley?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My memory tells me that Villars is a bit closer, but looking at the map there is very little in it. On the PduS side it's a bit further but you can get to Champery and Chatel without too much trouble.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1556garyt, Champery is about 40 mins from Montreux. Cable car from the village takes you up reasonably high which might be handy with the current warm spell. I think Villars is a bit closer to the motorway but haven't skied there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy