Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Tignes Apres Ski Recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for recommendations for evening entertainment in Tignes Le Lac.

Have a group of 8 (ages 30s & 40s) heading out on 16 Jan. Staying in a catered chalet and although our priority is slope time and so most evenings are happy just to indulge in the cheapo wine in the chalet, we will probably want to get out for a bit of a boogie once or twice during the week. Very Happy

One of the guys also likes to chill in what he calls a "proper bar" at the end of each afternoon.

Any recommendations for both of the above gratefully received
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dkirkuk, Loop Bar and Alpaka lodge. Both doing happy hour drinks at various times. Look out for the small "what's on" flyer leaflets. You'll find out who's doing what/where /when...
Brassero if you want a short walk (or bus ride) round to Lavachet. Loop Bar is just a couple of mins walk off the main square and overlooks the beginner slope and Trolles home run. Alpaka similar distance but turn up the hill alongside L'Arbina restaurant.

Not too sure about the boogie thing.....you may have to go to Jacks wink ....nuff said Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lavachet - TC's & Brasero
Le Lac - Loop, Alpaka & Bagus

Just pop in on the day you arrive & ask what they've got on that week for apres (ie straight off slopes) & evenings. Lavachet & le Lac are next door to each other approx 10 mins walk from Loop or 2 mins on the free bus.
Check out on this map:-
http://www.tignes.net/en/infos-pratiques/resort-map-91.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another recommendation for the Alpaka - often a good atmosphere and almost legendary for the whiskey selection.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, the Alpaka is good but also a few shops up from the L'Arbina restauant/cafe (the big one that wraps itself around the corner of the road, just down from the Alpaka) on the same side of the road is a little deli shop and if you go in and walk through to the back there is a tiny bar that is open til the early hours. You can buy ham/cheeses from the shop out of hours and have them served to go with drinks. The owner makes his own Genepi which even I (and I don't like the stuff) will drink!

Can't remember the name of the place, sorry but it had a great atmosphere late in the evening even though it was a bit of a squash!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bluebell, I didn't know they did that; nice to know

dkirkuk, Loop: 2 for 1 on San Miguel, Desperados and Heineken (I think) from 4 to 6 (works out at 3 euro a bottle), Also pitchers of beer at happy hour but can't remember how much.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, 12 euros a pitcher in Loop and Alpaka at happy hour. Madeye-Smiley

dkirkuk, If your mate wants to chill out a few Mutzigs in the Alpaka ought to do the trick Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, A cheap shots night too, can't remember which night though. Not forgetting a possible free round of shots for freespending customers Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, Oh yes, shots is Frday I think. 4 shots for around 10 euro (I say around cos I had to have tequila which put the price up a bit Blush )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dont forget to do the loop for lunch... not the cheapest but good stuff
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GeorgeVII wrote:
12 euros a pitcher in Loop at happy hour. Madeye-Smiley

ahh the memories. after way too many of these I got up on stage and sang Elvis' Suspicious Minds. I have to say I balls it up but it was a fun evening.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is a bar in in La Lavachet called something like Le Coulier , its on the main road and near to Daffys mexican restuarant and there is a bloke singing during Apres ski time . 4 euros for a pint of Amstel and the place is busy and good fun . Went to the Loop once and didnt return. We stayed in Le Lac and used 2 bars , The Jam bar, very small and cosy with Rocky a great and generous Italian host and Le Embuscumbe ( ? ) a French bar where all the local ex pats drink. We went to The Alpaka one night and the local knitting club were in residence, but later in the week there was a singer on from 10 - 12 . If Apres ski is the main theme to any skiing holiday I would say get to Austria , but all things considered Tignes was not the worst place Ive been to .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy