Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Picking brains re. Megeve

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Couple of questions please as staying in Megeve soon -

- don't have a car so wondering about the best way to grab a day's skiing in Chamonix and if there's a train/bus or whether we would have to rely on expensive cabs.

- same question re. Megeve to La Clusaz

- have a non-skier in the party and wondering if anyone knows about snow-shoeing routes. Can't find anything on the Megeve website and can obviously check with tourist office when arrive but always useful to have a SH perspective ahead of arrival if poss.

Any other 'must-dos' whilst there?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all.

SB
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sentientbean, there is a return bus from Megeve to Chamonix, but not to La Clusaz... and I'm afraid taxis in Megeve are very expensive.

http://www.guides-megeve.com/Diary/snow_shoeing/Snow_Shoeing.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure you'd also be able to pick up map of snow-shoeing routes you could explore for yourself. They're cheap to hire - good fun, but can be quite tiring if there's fresh snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Second that - taxis are pretty expensive -

Howevver you do have a few options, there is a local megeve/st gervais transfer company that does make short trips and are cheaper than the usual taxi option, resort rides - run by Mel and Andrew (superb service) http://www.resortrides.com
There is the bus option, you can enquire at the main bus station in megeve, which is based opposite the palais de sports near Jaillet.
Next you could taxi to the train station in le fayet (just after st gervais and very close really) then take the train up to Cham - this would be the most balanced cost/time version I think, but would be worth dropping Resort Rides a line to find out what they can do for you.

Other MUST DO's = a scenic parapont flight from Megeve is AWESOME
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy